Saturday Sheet Show

tourists24

You say that and maybe we won't but if you are go in to raise someone's workload and make there life harder, you at least owe them an explanation other than I did it deal with with it.
Guys like Tears are in IE and owe nothing to anyone. They are faceless to drivers. They feel like their ways are correct, period. They aren't accountable to centers but centers are held to IE numbers. They know everything but in reality know little

Coldworld

60 months and counting
i send an email every time

i care lol
I've seen guys just like you enjoy the time away from ops... only to get thrown into the fire in due time....paybacks a bitch....most of the i.e. guys who went from security or i.e. Into pkg ops have quit....one had a heart attack and one came to work drunk and was walked out never to be seen again.. I think 1 survived..I hope you survive

tourists24

I've seen guys just like you enjoy the time away from ops... only to get thrown into the fire in due time....paybacks a bitch....most of the i.e. guys who went from security or i.e. Into pkg ops have quit....one had a heart attack and one came to work drunk and was walked out never to be seen again.. I think 1 survived..I hope you survive
Who cares if he does.... he revels in his temporary position for now.... it will end and he will be gone. Then the next will step in. Another faceless coward. Gotta admit though it IS fun to screw with the IE guys who come to our building to "fix" issues. The one we have in our center now is fun to watch. He walks around with his fat little belly hanging out with his chest stuck out. He thinks he's important

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Guys and gals he's just trying to rile you up. Even if he did change SPC. Who cares! My 9.5 trumps his email. He's just trying to get a reaction out of you.
He's bad mouthed the company on more than one occasion....same as that other dude on road who's name is blanking in my mind... both are kids , both have a lot to learn but I don't dislike either of em'....

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
They say everybody has a customer at UPS Who is I.E.s customer?
the preload managers and the DM's

we also do a lot to try and reduce workloads on hourlies, not to be nice, overloading one group over another hurts production, but that struggle is real

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i spent most of my time in ops so whatever, it'd either be a schedule or a pay upgrade

DOK

I work in a building with 200 routes...I have been there a long time...I know most of the guys there...how they operate out in the street....there are some guys who are absolute runners who are an hour over on routes .... there are other drivers who are gunners who are lunch skippers who are 1 hour bonus guys.....VERY FEW DRIVERS WHO ARE DECENT, EFFICIENT ENOUGH, SMOOTH METHODS ARE EVEN CLOSE TO RUNNING SCRATCH.....THEY ARE OVER. If anyone here thinks these numbers are fair need their head checked....so it brings me back to my original point....upstate is a gamer...if he is running an hour under he either has good allowance or is gaming somewhere...
It surprising how time allowances vary by location. Do bonus centers have better time allowances?

JL 0513

It surprising how time allowances vary by location...

As a cover driver, I see first hand how unfair the whole allowance system is. I know 30 routes, the allowance varies greatly among those 30. Some you have to go full throttle all day and still be over, while there's a few that you can work like an old man and come in under. It's all BS.

It's one of the reasons I like being cover. You don't want to be stuck on one route with impossible time allowances. Doing every kind of route helps my mind not care at all about their numbers.

Rack em

Made the Podium
As a cover driver, I see first hand how unfair the whole allowance system is. I know 30 routes, the allowance varies greatly among those 30. Some you have to go full throttle all day and still be over, while there's a few that you can work like an old man and come in under. It's all BS.

It's one of the reasons I like being cover. You don't want to be stuck on one route with impossible time allowances. Doing every kind of route helps my mind not care at all about their numbers.
I agree. Another thing I've noticed being a cover driver is how messed up pick up allowances are. There is one route in particular that is almost impossible to be within compliance because the times are beyond stupid. The first 3 pick ups are in the same alley which you could do from one park position because 2 of the pick ups never send anything. The allowance is 4 minutes in between each of these pick ups!

Then at 16:00 you have to be at 2 different places that are 11 blocks apart, so you automatically get behind there. Then at 16:10 you have 1 minute to drive almost a mile to the next pick up which always ships 20+ boxes of car parts! Even starting pick ups 15 minutes early, you'll end up over 20 minutes behind.

So whenever I hear about pick up compliance I just ignore it because management is too ignorant to adjust anything.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Saturday groun
The suits and skirts made an appearance, so it was all hands on deck to get the operation off to a somewhat smooth start. When all the pomp and circumstance was over, and the drivers hit the road, sups seemed to be eating the leftover cake as no one would answer the office phone. We'll see what happens when the dog days of summer kick in, preloaders bang out, and management is back to pinching pennies.
Saturday ground has turned Monday into bid routes having 12 hour dispatches with much fewer resources. Hence tues-sat drivers not working Monday's. It's bad. All bad