Scott Walker: Tool

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Right to work is constantly called the right to refuse to join a union. That's not the case. The payment is for representation of everyone in the company's workforce. You get the benefits even if you're not a member. So really it's a right to be a moocher, to get all the benefits of union representation without having to pay for them. It's a right to be a freeloader off of your fellow workers.The irony is the rights hatred of "moochers" remember Willards 47percent remark, yet those who reap union benefits without paying for them are taking something they are not paying for.Traitors all of them...
I support RTW. I also would like it changed.
If you choose not to join the union, you would be at the mercy of the company.
No union pay or benefits unless the company decides th hey will match the union on th his.
AND NO RIGHT TO UNION REPRESENTATION. You get deciplined or fired, you are on your own.
RTW is a good 1st step. But the union needs to stop the fight to end it, and start the fight to change it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I support RTW. I also would like it changed.
If you choose not to join the union, you would be at the mercy of the company.
No union pay or benefits unless the company decides th hey will match the union on th his.
AND NO RIGHT TO UNION REPRESENTATION. You get deciplined or fired, you are on your own.
RTW is a good 1st step. But the union needs to stop the fight to end it, and start the fight to change it.
That would cause people to be forced to join the union for obvious reasons. The whole idea behind RTW is to get people not to join so it weakens the union.

Packmule

Here's a solution; any union member,Pack browny,anyone who has benefited from union negotiations and now wants to stop supporting the union by not paying their dues, gets their pension cut...make it a two tier system. One for people who pay their dues to support their union...one for freeloaders,moochers...sees how that feels..Traitors..While I'm at it how about a two tier system for pay. If you don't want to be part of the union, fine. But you'll have to negotiate your own pay. And benefits.ya that's the way...
Here's reality. I'm In the union paying dues like everyone else. For a period of time after 97, I was not. Because we were not a bunch of blind lemmings, we in our area have a new (and fully funded) retirement plan. The lemmings are facing serious cuts to theirs.
It's not about loyalty, it's about reading the writing on the wall and expecting your union to represent you, not bleed you dry taking care of all their other obligations.
Sorry if you're on the wrong side of that fence.

realbrown1

Why don't we give the people the choice whether to pay taxes or not?
Why fight the womens right to choose?
Because taxes are the price you have to pay to live in a free society.
Forced union dues is 100% against the ideals of a free society.

BrownArmy

Because taxes are the price you have to pay to live in a free society.
Forced union dues is 100% against the ideals of a free society.

We'll have to disagree, yet again.

I think you are mixing metaphors here, comparing 'taxes' with 'union dues'.

I could be wrong.

realbrown1

We'll have to disagree, yet again.

I think you are mixing metaphors here, comparing 'taxes' with 'union dues'.

I could be wrong.
You are wrong. We shouldn't owe anything to a union unless we choose to join that union. No more closed shops. Make the union have to SELL itself and it's services to it's customers. That would be us.

realbrown1

Here's reality. I'm In the union paying dues like everyone else. For a period of time after 97, I was not. Because we were not a bunch of blind lemmings, we in our area have a new (and fully funded) retirement plan. The lemmings are facing serious cuts to theirs.
It's not about loyalty, it's about reading the writing on the wall and expecting your union to represent you, not bleed you dry taking care of all their other obligations.
Sorry if you're on the wrong side of that fence.
What happened besides the strike in '97?

BrownArmy

You are wrong. We shouldn't owe anything to a union unless we choose to join that union. No more closed shops. Make the union have to SELL itself and it's services to it's customers. That would be us.

You feel that you shouldn't owe anything to a Union?

Says the guy who has built a good life with a family on a Union job. Seriously?

The only reason you were interested in this job in the first place was because it was AWESOME, with great pay and good benefits. Where did that great pay and benefits come from?

It's not because some random employer decided to hand out Unicorn candy.

That great pay/benefit package was hard fought for, and hard won.

This new 'Freedom to Work' :censored2:e is a cynical ploy to bring us back to the working conditions of the 1800's (I'm joking, but not really)...

RTW will make it so no one will have the opportunity that you had...