Serious thread is serious!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Per Denis, as per the bylaws, when less than 50% of members vote, the retro checks are donated to United Way.
Honestly nothing would make me happier than that. All of the stupid people not bothering to vote would get screwed right back by not taking the 3 minutes to cast a vote. Maybe next contract that should be a stipulation, "By failing to vote you get not retro check"!

My retro check will be huge too, but I'd give it up just to know that the lazy pieces of :censored2: who didn't bother to vote learned a lesson!

UrFellowUpser

Raises and retroactive pay will go into effect when the entire contract is finalized.All the local agreements have to be ratified before the NMA can be implemented

browned out

When are the retro checks coming?

As soon as the Company Controlled Union forces thru the supplements that were
rejected because more than 50% of the members voted and/or more than two-thirds Voted No: Local 804 Supplement, Upstate New York Supplement, the TCI Supplement, Western Pennsylvania Supplement, and Central Pennsylvania Supplement.

These locals that have rejected it because of numerous issues such as 22.4s, Harassment, 9.5 rights, No $15 an hour PT pay now, etc. could have 100% voter participation & reject it by 100% and it still will be imposed upon them for some made up Taylor rule.

Props to those locals. I would gladly donate my retro pay to those who voted in those locals.

Shame on the Teamsters Hoffa and Taylor for deceiving the members.

rod

Retired 22 years
Raises and retroactive pay will go into effect when the entire contract is finalized.All the local agreements have to be ratified before the NMA can be implemented

Which should be in a year or 2. Surprise surprise--you voted yes just so you could get your retro check and now you realize it will be a LONG time a coming.

browned out

Hey, on the bright side; your new $200 or more deductible will take effect 01-01-2019.
Last contract we were informed by the Teamsters that the Teamcare deductibles would be $0 for 2014 $0 for 2015 $0 for 2016 $0 for 2017 and $200 for 2018.
No such info on what the Teamcare deductibles would be for every year of the 2018-2023 contract. Imagine that!

Just like no info re: the 2/3 and 50% vote thresholds on the mass mailings, UPSrising app, Teamster website, conference calls, etc.

Kinda funny....not ha ha funny...but just funny. Need Tommy Devito from Goodfellas to show Taylor what he thinks about funny, funny how

WTFm8

As soon as the Company Controlled Union forces thru the supplements that were
rejected because more than 50% of the members voted and/or more than two-thirds Voted No: Local 804 Supplement, Upstate New York Supplement, the TCI Supplement, Western Pennsylvania Supplement, and Central Pennsylvania Supplement.

These locals that have rejected it because of numerous issues such as 22.4s, Harassment, 9.5 rights, No $15 an hour PT pay now, etc. could have 100% voter participation & reject it by 100% and it still will be imposed upon them for some made up Taylor rule.

Props to those locals. I would gladly donate my retro pay to those who voted in those locals.

Shame on the Teamsters Hoffa and Taylor for deceiving the members.

I’m in 776, Central PA, voted no day my packet came which was a few days after they were announced being sent. Went to the BA meeting to get the rundown on national and supplement.

Huge turnover of PT at my building. 2-3 supervisors doing bargaining unit work on local sort, 4+ working preload. A few file on it but it’s always the old ‘preventing service failures’ excuse.

We’re still 16 drivers short for peak. Thinking about buying a truck bed camper to sleep in since there’s a shower at the building, goin to be unsafe trying to drive 25 min home after consecutive 14hr days for 1.5 months