SFA question for fedex 2000

FedEx courier

No, you're assuming the numbers are doctored.....I'm assuming they are not. The only thing we agree on here is that neither of us knows for sure. And I do know for a fact the Sr. Mgrs cannot see the SFA results by individual. "Pushing opinion as fact" was meant in more general terms and maybe didn't belong in that post....just a frustration of mine around here. In any case, I think you and I have gotten off on the wrong foot.....but I can assure you that I am not one of "those" managers that you refer to. I apologize if I have offended you in any way and I'll try not to upset you in the future, but if you have nothing good to say about FedEx at all, we will most likely not agree too often....which is fine since we are both entitled to our opinions.
You didn't offend me by any means and there is no reason to apologize. All I am saying is there is no reason that the SFA shouldn't be easy to explain as being legitimate. For example why is there no explanation of how it is handled? Why is it not handled by an outside company? That would easily clear up any speculation about the credibility of the survey. It doesn't matter anyway because I've seen managers get low scores on it for several years in a row and nothing about the way they treated employees changed at all. Maybe it would shed a little light on this subject if you could explain what exactly happens if a manager gets a bad score.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
For example why is there no explanation of how it is handled? Why is it not handled by an outside company?

Memphis would much rather keep us in the dark and keep on feeding us the BS. The only way the SFA would be on the up and up is to have an independent company tally the results.

whenIgetthere

Memphis would much rather keep us in the dark and keep on feeding us the BS. The only way the SFA would be on the up and up is to have an independent company tally the results.

I believe that the only way to prove to us of the SFA's is in fact anonymous would be to have an outside firm handle it, and nothing on the computer. Everyone takes a questionnaire and fills it out putting their manager number on it themselves to assure the score 'hits' the right manager. We do this at the ballot box, and it works fine everywhere but Chicago!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I believe that the only way to prove to us of the SFA's is in fact anonymous would be to have an outside firm handle it, and nothing on the computer. Everyone takes a questionnaire and fills it out putting their manager number on it themselves to assure the score 'hits' the right manager. We do this at the ballot box, and it works fine everywhere but Chicago!!

That's true. :funny:

I think Memphis and/or upper management alters the scores, simply for the fact they have such an overpowering hunger for control. They don't really care much for what the workforce has to say anyway so why would this be any different?

HomeDelivery

good reading... didn't know you guys can rate your managers on the express division...

at least the managers i've worked with on the HD side really do care about the drivers in the building