Should I leave Fedex HD for UPS pls read OP

Lurker just signed up

I currently work for a good contractor bringing in over $700 take home pay for 6 days of work and I’m always home by 4:00. Which is great because I’m in school

With that said I have an opportunity to go to UPS but the long hours are what worry me and getting use to a whole new job

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
0AB01825-FD83-4588-9856-B63E6869D0FE.gif
Lurker just signed up

I currently work for a good contractor bringing in over $700 take home pay for 6 days of work and I’m always home by 4:00. Which is great because I’m in school

With that said I have an opportunity to go to UPS but the long hours are what worry me and getting use to a whole new job

Lurker just signed up

Do you have pension, health insurance, paid holidays and vacations?
Do you make 80k+ a year?

Everything has it's advantages.

Do you have pension, health insurance, paid holidays and vacations?
Do you make 80k+ a year?

Everything has it's advantages.

He does offer health insurance but I don’t use it and I don’t get paid holidays or vacation but I do get a week vacation

My biggest worry is the long hours and getting paid good money from the start if I decide to go with UPS if they go through with me

He does offer health insurance but I don’t use it and I don’t get paid holidays or vacation but I do get a week vacation

My biggest worry is the long hours and getting paid good money from the start if I decide to go with UPS if they go through with me
$20.50 an hour is the starting wage for a 22.4 driver. Yes you will definitely work longer hours but you will also get paid overtime after 8 hours

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you intend to finish school and go into another line of work, stay where you are.

If you want to stay in this line of work and make good money with good benefits, go to UPS. "Good contractor" aside, you are leaving a mind numbing amount of money on the table if you stay with him instead of going to UPS.

$20.50 an hour is the starting wage for a 22.4 driver. Yes you will definitely work longer hours but you will also get paid overtime after 8 hours

Thanks for the feedback

The thought of working 10 to 12 hours when it’s not even peak season is what’s making me hesitant but the OT pay would be nice as well as paid vacation and holidays .

Thanks for the feedback

The thought of working 10 to 12 hours when it’s not even peak season is what’s making me hesitant but the OT pay would be nice as well as paid vacation and holidays .
You got to think about the future

Like @59 Dano said of you are going to stay in the delivery business at least make some money.

And at the worst if you get fired FedEx would hire you back.:raspberry-tounge:

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
If you just started school I would say to go for a part-time air driver position. Starts at $15.00/hr and by year 3 it's 21.00/hr. There will be plenty of time for school after work and you'll have paid healthcare that either rivals or is better than you parents'. Plus, it's totally up to you if you want to work extra hours during peak season.

Downwardspiral

Do you start as a driver at most locations? The station here puts new employees into a lower pay handler position until someone leaves a route. I was wondering if that was the norm.