Sick call. Being harassed.

ManInBrown

Right, it’s always “name, employee Id, job number, and start time”. Some say hope you feel better.
Yup, they couldn’t care less. Here’s why, in feeders unlike package, 90% of the drivers are trying to max out every single day. So if you don’t come in, it’s not a big deal. This driver covers one of your customer pickups, this driver covers the other one. And someone else covers a rail. Where in package no one wants to work, and they cut everything so razor thin, that if you call out it throws a wrench into the entire operation. Gotta unload the whole truck, split the work between three drivers. Feeders doesn’t even care if you call out at peak. Thats how crazy it is. It’s like a different company, in that respect. The first time I called out, when I hung up I said to myself, did that just happen. Name, job number, ok feel better, cya tomorrow.

quad decade guy

UPS will terminate you, quickly for NO CALL NO SHOW. IT'S a cardinal infraction that you could potentially not come back from like stealing and lying.
I agree....mostly.

Especially pkg. But then, ncns in feeders and cause a missed trailer or especially an air trailer and you will be fired guaranteed.

Now, having an emergency or such would probably have to be verifiable and proven.

Here, we are REQUIRED to at least call 1 hour before start time.

Cardinal sin? I've never seen it stick.....matter of fact I've seen people disappear for a month and come back to work.....lately. It didn't used to be that way.....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I agree....mostly.

Especially pkg. But then, ncns in feeders and cause a missed trailer or especially an air trailer and you will be fired guaranteed.

Now, having an emergency or such would probably have to be verifiable and proven.

Here, we are REQUIRED to at least call 1 hour before start time.

Cardinal sin? I've never seen it stick.....matter of fact I've seen people disappear for a month and come back to work.....lately. It didn't used to be that way.....
It’s an hour in package too. I’ve never seen anyone fired for a missed day either

Made brown

After 72 hours of ncns you normally get a letter in the mail telling you to show up or show cause why you cannot. YMMV. Our BA mentioned to me once that’s how it’s handled in our area. I could be wrong tho.

MaceFremonti

Our Feeder department has started asking what are you sick from when you call in. I simply say that I'm sick of the feeder mamagement team and hang up. My girlfriend works for the Feds and can't believe how archaic the UPS system is for taking sick days and optionals.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Our Feeder department has started asking what are you sick from when you call in. I simply say that I'm sick of the feeder mamagement team and hang up. My girlfriend works for the Feds and can't believe how archaic the UPS system is for taking sick days and optionals.
She thinks that’s bad you should tell her about the men’s room