Sick call. Being harassed.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We are required to call back in following a call out. Never understood why. If you show up after not calling back in, you won't be on the roster. Common sense would suggest if you aren't calling out again, it would mean you're coming in, but no.
Stupid

Drink Craft Beer

We are required to call back in following a call out. Never understood why. If you show up after not calling back in, you won't be on the roster. Common sense would suggest if you aren't calling out again, it would mean you're coming in, but no.
Preload for example, they have people calling in an hour before start time to see if needed to come in or not. If you're coming in after calling off the previous day, they want a notice so it makes them know whether to tell those calling in if they're needed. Basically making sure they have a full crew.

If you dont give a notice and show up, then they would be overstaffed. That's why you have to call back in.

JL 0513

Preload for example, they have people calling in an hour before start time to see if needed to come in or not. If you're coming in after calling off the previous day, they want a notice so it makes them know whether to tell those calling in if they're needed. Basically making sure they have a full crew.

If you dont give a notice and show up, then they would be overstaffed. That's why you have to call back in.

Still shouldn't make a difference. Calling in or out should be around the same time before a shift. At least an hour before. With no call, it should be the operating assumption of the supervisor to assume you're coming in. No call = call back in. No difference.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Is this in a contract somewhere or something Claude the center manager made up and now it’s law

JL 0513

Traded sick days for a week of vacation many years ago

Don't you get the option to choose how the days are used? We have 4 options. Keep as sick days, use as extra week's vacation, get 5 days pay along with first vacation check, and I'm forgetting what the other one is, LOL.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Don't you get the option to choose how the days are used? We have 4 options. Keep as sick days, use as extra week's vacation, get 5 days pay along with first vacation check, and I'm forgetting what the other one is, LOL.
No use as a week of vaca or use 1 day at a time for one week only

Drink Craft Beer

Still shouldn't make a difference. Calling in or out should be around the same time before a shift. At least an hour before. With no call, it should be the operating assumption of the supervisor to assume you're coming in. No call = call back in. No difference.
It's the opposite where I'm at. No call an hour before start means you're not coming in for the 2nd straight day. By calling, it assures them you're going to be there.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It's the opposite where I'm at. No call an hour before start means you're not coming in for the 2nd straight day. By calling, it assures them you're going to be there.
Always had to call at least an hour before shift. Never had to call the next day where I worked. That’s ridiculous

Drink Craft Beer

Is this in a contract somewhere or something Claude the center manager made up and now it’s law
Not sure, but it's not like a huge inconvenience. Takes 10-15 seconds to call.

If I'm missing a 2nd straight day, I'd rather not have to wake up again in the middle of the night and call off a 2nd straight day. Rather be able to sleep straight through.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not sure, but it's not like a huge inconvenience. Takes 10-15 seconds to call.

If I'm missing a 2nd straight day, I'd rather not have to wake up again in the middle of the night and call off a 2nd straight day. Rather be able to sleep straight through.
You don’t really understand how a contract works do you
Both sides signed it

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Be in the bathroom when you call in, slowly dump a pitcher of ice into the toilet.
Groan as you dunp the ice.
Put water in an empty squeeze bottle, and make the sound of throwing up as you squirt the water into the toilet.
Alternate the ice and water.
That might give them the idea you are sick.
ya, you do this if you're a pusillanimous.......

Poop Head

Judge me.
How the hell do you not get sick days in the Central? That's unbelievable. A union job with no sick days. Good stuff.
We have no forced 6th punch (idk if thats all of central or just local) and if we have an 8 hour we just bring any unfinished work back and make sure were under 8.

Made brown

Why are you having a conversation? This is Royal with Cheese, I’m utilizing a sick day today click. Or this is royal with cheese, not coming in today, click. The latter if you have no days left. That’s it. They aren’t doctors. There’s no need for small talk. To the point and click. They got so sick of me hanging up on them when I was in package and called out, they would hang up on me. As soon as I said who it was and I’m utilizing a sick day all I heard was click.

In feeders they couldn’t care less. Ok have a nice day. There’s no need to be rude. First time I called out I was shocked.
Right, it’s always “name, employee Id, job number, and start time”. Some say hope you feel better.

Dr.Brownz

Called in sick. My supervisor said “seriously? We’ve given you an easy week and you’ve been filing 9.5 grievances on us.” I said “yes I’m calling I sick.” He said “ok I’ll keep that in mind.” Is this considered harassment?
Just file and say they clearly signaled they were going to harass you in the future by saying "I'll remember that." If what he meant was "I'm going to enforce attendance policy" he would have said that. His words are clearly meant to convey a threat.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Just file and say they clearly signaled they were going to harass you in the future by saying "I'll remember that." If what he meant was "I'm going to enforce attendance policy" he would have said that. His words are clearly meant to convey a threat.
That cannot be proven.
"signaled" and "meant" won't cut it. I've watched plenty of Judge Judy to know that!:thumbup1: