Silicon Valley Bank

bbsam

Staff member
Keep spinning your yarn no one’s buying it.
Doesn’t matter. Something’s going to happen and then the tales will spin this way and that way. I mean who in the past 5 years has changed their mind about anything? The sky is always falling. Apocalypse is upon us even when it isn’t.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You and your ilk made it a point to complain about everything for four years and now you’re making excuses for everything it’s pathetic
F57E02D6-EA10-4779-8C6B-2310698AD12C.jpeg

Thebrownblob

Doesn’t matter. Something’s going to happen and then the tales will spin this way and that way. I mean who in the past 5 years has changed their mind about anything? The sky is always falling. Apocalypse is upon us even when it isn’t.
And yet no matter who’s in charge the “apocalypse” only happens to a little people.
Head back over to national propaganda radio and let us know what they’re saying. I can’t wait to hear the official talking points.

bbsam

Staff member
First Wells Fargo is much bigger than SVB so it is considered an SIB, which would be more likely to receive government help. SVB isn’t a SIB and as such wasn’t eligible for the amount of money it’s getting. It’s purely a bailout of Silicon Valley and democrat cronies, period. I know you won’t be able to digest this because your ideology prevents it. The democrats suddenly changed the rules when their friends were in trouble.
I think the problem that SVB had is far more widespread than you give it credit. I think a lot of banks are exposed because they all put the money on bonds. Do we think they’re going to come out and advertise how :censored2:ed they are?

Thebrownblob

I think the problem that SVB had is far more widespread than you give it credit. I think a lot of banks are exposed because they all put the money on bonds. Do we think they’re going to come out and advertise how :censored2:ed they are?
The problem is you don’t realize this is a worldwide problem as you can see today. Propping up this one bank that the people in charge happen to be friendly with, because of their leftist policies and philosophies, didn’t do anything to help.

bbsam

Staff member
And yet no matter who’s in charge the “apocalypse” only happens to a little people.
Head back over to national propaganda radio and let us know what they’re saying. I can’t wait to hear the official talking points.
Are you that naive?

Yes. That’s exactly how it is. Do you really think Trump or Biden or Jim Jordan or Sean Hannity or Nancy Pelosi are going to be roomed in a train car bunker in a Michigan backwoods eating canned beans? Do you really think “all men are created equal”? That “nobody is above the law”? That what happens to your retirement savings means as much as what happens to $250 billion in venture capital?

No. You don’t really believe that. Start acting like you’re as smart as you are.

bbsam

Staff member
The problem is you don’t realize this is a worldwide problem as you can see today. Propping up this one bank that the people in charge happen to be friendly with, because of their leftist policies and philosophies, didn’t do anything to help.
And when the next bank fails it too will be propped up. It won’t matter who’s money is there.

Thebrownblob

Are you that naive?

Yes. That’s exactly how it is. Do you really think Trump or Biden or Jim Jordan or Sean Hannity or Nancy Pelosi are going to be roomed in a train car bunker in a Michigan backwoods eating canned beans? Do you really think “all men are created equal”? That “nobody is above the law”? That what happens to your retirement savings means as much as what happens to $250 billion in venture capital?

No. You don’t really believe that. Start acting like you’re as smart as you are.
Anyone who post NPR has no business asking me if I’m naïve. Go look in the mirror bud.

Over70irregs

(Everyone has their hands dirty guys. Plan accordingly)
SVB might still be around today but for deregulation signed by former President Donald Trump that was supported almost unanimously by Republicans (and even some Democrats).”

-James Downie

bbsam

Staff member

Will they let this bank collapse?
(Everyone has their hands dirty guys. Plan accordingly)
SVB might still be around today but for deregulation signed by former President Donald Trump that was supported almost unanimously by Republicans (and even some Democrats).”

-James Downie
exactly

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, SVB was exceptionally stupid to put money into 10 year bonds. It was apparent several years ago that the fed was going to raise interest rates and therefore bonds would drop. But those thieves knew the democrat administration would bail them out so they took risks others wouldn’t have.