Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

A good guy

If you have one of the new DIAD cradles, you have probably already figured out that it is a pain in the ass to remove the DIAD due to the poorly designed catch on the back. Rather than give yourself a case of carpal tunnel, simply wedge some delivery notices in front of the backboard to defeat the catch. One more thing: the USB port only works while the DIAD is in the cradle and the engine is on but it will keep a Blutooth speaker fully charged. If you try to charge a cell phone it will show an error message on the DIAD but it will still work to charge the phone, you will just be unable to view the map.View attachment 244769

What is this :censored2:ing monstrosity?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What is this :censored2:ing monstrosity?

THAT?
Oh THAT is the newest and latest to force you to run Orion.
Every time you plug your DIAD in there it brings up the next stop on Orion trace and enables the map nav function automatically and gives you turn by turn directions to that stop.

But wait.....
There is more....
And there are compliance metrics involved for its use

Rack em

Made the Podium
THAT?
Every time you plug your DIAD in there it brings up the next stop on Orion trace and enables the map nav function automatically and gives you turn by turn directions to that stop.

But wait.....
There is more....
Yup. Ups wasting money on things that will also cost them more money. This company is in a downward spiral, I am hoping to have a job in 10 years.

A good guy

THAT?

But wait.....
There is more....

Im assuming that if you put it in the old diad holder your sup would be sending you a message after 5 minutes?

UPS_carnage11

You don't have to follow Orion with the new diad rack. Wherever you place the carrot is where it will send you in the map view.

If they start forcing Orion they're going to have a ton of late air and missed businesses. Not to mention the OT to drivers following a system that drives you in circles all day. Hopefully they never fix it. I can't afford to lose the money.

KoennenTiger

I don't get this shot. We've got forced Orion here and my God does it slow me down. Drive the wrong way down this one way street! OK Orion it will save the company money if I do! Sure they are going 55 mph but hey my truck is pretty big I'm sure they'll all get out of the way.

Oh what's that Orion? Drive through the train station? Right through it? Why not?!! I'll save miles!

Wait Orion? I should make my package car fly and fly over the freeway exit?? My God why didn't I think of that with my Smart(tm) AI? Why the :censored2: do I go a mile every day to drive around behind the freeway exit?! My Gosh I'm so stupid thankfully Orion is here!

I'm just going to drive like an Amazon guy!

I can't wait until I can only see the next stop this smart machine learning AI is going to show me! Five late air and fifteen missed packages every day while I get 11 hours and twenty extra miles! 6 billion dollars a year in profit isn't enough! I need to drive the wrong way down one way streets gosh dang it!

Also tips! In the winter wear latex gloves under your work gloves. Your hands won't get wet and your fingers won't freeze as bad.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
For the longest time I didnt know that accepting a on demand pickup was considered a record while idle. Went half a year without someone saying anything.
It's any time you stop complete a screen. Like if your lunch warning pops ups while you're sitting at a light or you get a message and look to see what it says, as long as you don't complete the message acceptance with engine on you won't pop up. At least that's what I was informed and can attest to