Simple hacks for the UPS driver - On topic please

35years

Gravy route
cheaper on Amazon!

Humidity gets super high here so I have doubts, but some of the reviewers were in Florida so I'm not sure about it.

https://www.amazon.com/IcyBreeze-Co...266&hvtargid=pla-845417913552#customerReviews
Homemade cooler - portable a/c, moves more cool air than those pricey ones...
After using it for a while, people realize it does almost nothing to reduce the ambient temp inside a van. Yes it will blow some cool air if pointed directly on you, but ice will not be effective at reducing the air temp surrounding you, neither inside the cab, nor the back end.
Follow up review...

Much more effective to dunk you head in a cooler full of ice water!

Now, a blower motor set up to expel the hot air in the back of the vehicle might help more.
I just back up to a dock with air conditioning inside, and use a fan to dump air inside and out the front of my truck while I sort the load.
Or find a windy spot, park sideways to the wind so the wind blows in one door (close the other) and out the back door.

Last edited:

How Now Brown Cow

If you have the new diad cradle, make sure you have your board in it for the navigation back to the building. You don't get messages while it's in the cradle, so you won't be lying when you say you got the message to go help somebody when you were already back to the building.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you have the new diad cradle, make sure you have your board in it for the navigation back to the building. You don't get messages while it's in the cradle, so you won't be lying when you say you got the message to go help somebody when you were already back to the building.
Genius! Good looking out buddy.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
Actually messages so come through and green light will flash intermittently. You just don't get the beep that comes with the message like it used to.

Actually even before the new Map Nav cradle I would simply keep driving. Mostly because I didn't let it distract me on the drive in and would check message when I got back to the building. Either way, they could tell if you activated DIAD to check while driving. I just chose to not to drive distracted. ;-)

BigBrown12

If you put the dolly extension under the shelf it will not move 20190812_153849.jpg

NTGhost

Mercedes Vario P Serie this is a small "P60" or short "P6er" We drive a P100

Funfact this little fella has a netto load capacity of 4.4t, that the highest of all UPS Trucks in the 7.5t roster

UPS_Truck.jpg

UPS_carnage11

My supervisor just tells me to go back out and help. Already being back to the building means nothing. Well I guess it adds like an hour of driving to my day. So that's easy money.:greedy: