Skipped Seniority

dizzyduck39

Hello, I am new to Brown Cafe but have been a pre-loader for UPS for almost 3 years. I am ready to become a driver and hopefully soon I will be. During Peak our center hired on many seasonal drivers (already existing pre-loaders) as well as a few permanent positions. I signed up for a permanent position, as I am looking to become a driver. I am not however looking to be seasonal as I can not justify quiting my 2nd job for something that is temporary. I noticed this other worker that I know for sure has a lower seniority than I do, I have also confirmed that he is a permanent hire and not a seasonal. I would like to know the process that I should take as I have never grieved anything and I really dont think this should continue as they basically skipped multiple workers with higher seniority not just me. Its almost like they were trying to sneak him in when all the seasonal drivers were hired. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Brisket

Have you asked HR ( not that you would EVER get a straight answer), but I would say start there.Best to ask your steward in your building...

You have been around a little bit so it sounds like you know the game.

Good luck.

By The Book

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate the help.
Yes, please ask the full time steward to look into this. He/she will be able to access the previous bids in the building. It's a common practice for management to ask the part timers by seniority in addition to the bid lists. If you find out that management asked the lower seniority people who are now permanent drivers, and you weren't asked, it will be of benefit to you.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Are all of the workers in your situation pt, including the worker they skipped over others?

It matters in a case where they could hire off the street, such as a FT driver spot, where they are in the "off the street" position in the 6/1 rotation.

Not that they never cheat at this either.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello, I am new to Brown Cafe but have been a pre-loader for UPS for almost 3 years. I am ready to become a driver and hopefully soon I will be. During Peak our center hired on many seasonal drivers (already existing pre-loaders) as well as a few permanent positions. I signed up for a permanent position, as I am looking to become a driver. I am not however looking to be seasonal as I can not justify quiting my 2nd job for something that is temporary. I noticed this other worker that I know for sure has a lower seniority than I do, I have also confirmed that he is a permanent hire and not a seasonal. I would like to know the process that I should take as I have never grieved anything and I really dont think this should continue as they basically skipped multiple workers with higher seniority not just me. Its almost like they were trying to sneak him in when all the seasonal drivers were hired. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Do you pay union dues?