Snow flake moments

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://nypost.com/2017/02/25/half-of-college-students-think-their-loans-will-be-forgiven/

According to a survey of 500 current college students conducted by LendEDU, a private firm that connects students and their families with student loans and loan refinancing, 49.8 percent believe they would be able to receive federal forgiveness on their student loans after graduation.

This belief is hardly justified, given the limited circumstances in which these loans can actually be forgiven.

What the heck are these colleges teaching ?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
http://nypost.com/2017/02/25/half-of-college-students-think-their-loans-will-be-forgiven/

According to a survey of 500 current college students conducted by LendEDU, a private firm that connects students and their families with student loans and loan refinancing, 49.8 percent believe they would be able to receive federal forgiveness on their student loans after graduation.

This belief is hardly justified, given the limited circumstances in which these loans can actually be forgiven.

What the heck are these colleges teaching ?
There's a massive bubble brewing when it comes to student loans. Maybe these kids think they're gonna get bailed out like all the failing corporations and banks were. They're in for a rude awakening when they realize the government doesn't work for citizens the same way it does for corporations and banks.

That being said I'm paying the minimum amount on my wife's student loans. It's always in the back of my head that some liberal might get in office and forgive the loan. Focused on paying the mortgage off first even though the student loan is half a point higher.

Last edited:

newfie

poorly thought out democratic leadership snowflake moment :)

upload_2017-3-1_9-55-8.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
poor little snowflake

Dan Grilo, whose Twitter profile identifies him as a former Clinton and Obama volunteer, tweeted his harsh comment after Trump praised William “Ryan” Owen who was killed last month during a raid in Yemen, reported Fox News.
“Sorry, Owens’ wife,” tweeted Grilo, “you’re not helping yourself or your husband’s memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you.”
Reaction was immediate, with many quickly identifying Grilo’s employer, Chicago-based Liberty Advisor Group, and calling for him to be fired.
By Wednesday morning, those contacts to his employer bore fruit, with his profile being removed from the company website and Grilo terminated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

poor little snowflake

Dan Grilo, whose Twitter profile identifies him as a former Clinton and Obama volunteer, tweeted his harsh comment after Trump praised William “Ryan” Owen who was killed last month during a raid in Yemen, reported Fox News.
“Sorry, Owens’ wife,” tweeted Grilo, “you’re not helping yourself or your husband’s memory by standing there and clapping like an idiot. Trump just used you.”
Reaction was immediate, with many quickly identifying Grilo’s employer, Chicago-based Liberty Advisor Group, and calling for him to be fired.
By Wednesday morning, those contacts to his employer bore fruit, with his profile being removed from the company website and Grilo terminated.

I am constantly reminding my son, who has a managerial position with an aerospace defense company, that he needs to be careful what he posts on social media.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I am constantly reminding my son, who has a managerial position with an aerospace defense company, that he needs to be careful what he posts on social media.
I have recently told a 13 yr old kid to change his updated face book photo .
Seems it was taken in a boat shed where adults in the background were enjoying some cold beers .
I told him that would hurt him later in life .
He adjusted the photo .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A seafood company killed a lobster — and was convicted of animal cruelty

An Australian seafood company was recently convicted of animal cruelty — for killing a lobster.

The legally actionable problem was not actually taking the life of the lobster. It’s that the lobster was killed in a way deemed to be unnecessarily — and illegally — brutal.

According to the Guardian’s description of what happened, workers at Nicholas Seafoods were seen by investigators “butchering and dismembering lobsters with a band saw, without adequately stunning or killing them.” The lobsters’ tails were cut from their bodies while the animals were still alive, in violation of local animal cruelty laws, and led to a conviction that may be the first of its kind in the world.

The Nicholas Seafoods killing took place in the Australian state of New South Wales — one of a few Australian jurisdictions to specifically include crustaceans sold for food, like lobsters, in its animal cruelty laws. The conviction was the first in that state, a local spokeswoman for the Royal Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said. The company was fined $1,500.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Judith Armstrong, age 26, saw the chicken truck as she was driving down the highway and thought it might be a good idea to smash into it.

The rattled truck driver slammed on the brakes, but Armstrong wasn’t done — she slammed into the vehicle again and spun in front of it, cutting it off.

The animal advocate fled the scene as the truck driver pulled over to call 911…

Tracking her down wasn’t hard. She left her license plate at the scene.

Armstrong admitted to ramming the truck “due to it being a chicken truck.” She said she was looking out for the safety of the birds. By plowing into the truck they were in.

Vegans often make you wonder whether meat contains nutrients essential for the maintenance of normal intellect. But dramatically diminished sensibleness may only be an effect of their moonbattery.

Judith Armstrong, dangerous vegan.

Moonbattery

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Latina University Student Calls On White Students To Pay For Her Spring Break

Pitzer University has a tuition cost of nearly $50,000.
A Latina student at Pitzer University emailed fellow students asking “white allies” to donate to her spring break trip, accusing fellow white students of the “genocide and enslavement of our ppl.”

“We are hoping ppl are willing to support us in our ventures out to queer [as :censored2:] oakland & some national parks to find some spaceeee to breatheee,” said Pitzer University student Leandra Vargas, who identifies with they/them pronouns, in an email obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

The student said that she and her fellow QPOC (Queer People of Color) are borrowing a car, but want money for gas.

Indecisi0n

There's a massive bubble brewing when it comes to student loans. Maybe these kids think they're gonna get bailed out like all the failing corporations and banks were. They're in for a rude awakening when they realize the government doesn't work for citizens the same way it does for corporations and banks.

That being said I'm paying the minimum amount on my wife's student loans. It's always in the back of my head that some liberal might get in office and forgive the loan. Focused on paying the mortgage off first even though the student loan is half a point higher.
You have a better chance of Trump being a good president.

I always paid double on my loans (was still at home) so I didn't get hammered with interest.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Latina University Student Calls On White Students To Pay For Her Spring Break

Pitzer University has a tuition cost of nearly $50,000.
A Latina student at Pitzer University emailed fellow students asking “white allies” to donate to her spring break trip, accusing fellow white students of the “genocide and enslavement of our ppl.”

“We are hoping ppl are willing to support us in our ventures out to queer [as :censored2:] oakland & some national parks to find some spaceeee to breatheee,” said Pitzer University student Leandra Vargas, who identifies with they/them pronouns, in an email obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

The student said that she and her fellow QPOC (Queer People of Color) are borrowing a car, but want money for gas.
Sad thing is some idiots will probably donate to her cause because she sufficiently made them feel guilty. Lol.