Snow flake moments

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
http://nypost.com/2017/07/19/finally-a-college-cracks-down-on-the-lefts-snowflake-fascists/

Finally, a college run by people with brains. Might have to research this one for my daughter.
200 people protest against this lady. The college refuses to do anything about them blocking the speech. Then over a year later they pick out 7 to punish lol, what a joke. The protesters and the college are both dumb as hell for giving this nut the publicity she wanted.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
200 people protest against this lady. The college refuses to do anything about them blocking the speech. Then over a year later they pick out 7 to punish lol, what a joke. The protesters and the college are both dumb as hell for giving this nut the publicity she wanted.
none of them had a 401k either

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This is true, but IMO colleges/universities should allow speeches from both ends of the spectrum good or bad, not just one. Let the students form their own opinions. Unruly protests should never be allowed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This is true, but IMO colleges/universities should allow speeches from both ends of the spectrum good or bad, not just one. Let the students form their own opinions. Unruly protests should never be allowed.
Agreed.
-ruly protests are boring though. Might as well not bother protesting at all if you're not going to shake things up.

vantexan

Ya him and MLK both. Yet both of those champions of non-violent resistance died at the hands of violent opposition, interesting....
After years of winning over hearts and minds. Today's protesters try to shut down everything they disagree with immediately. And they seem to be almost entirely on the far Left.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
After years of winning over hearts and minds. Today's protesters try to shut down everything they disagree with immediately. And they seem to be almost entirely on the far Left.
You either have a short memory or are ignorant of history.
If anything, we have a shortage of protests these days.

vantexan

You either have a short memory or are ignorant of history.
If anything, we have a shortage of protests these days.
Actually history is my thing. Gandhi led India for decades. There are protests all over the U.S. on college campuses these days. Exactly what are you wanting, riots in the streets? Burning buildings, smashing windows? And to what end? Quite a few times, like in Ferguson, that's a result of misinterpreting facts. Is that what you're after, anarchy? MLK died trying to obtain equal rights and inclusiveness. Bet he'd be pretty upset at the liberal policies that have hurt so many African American families. And I doubt he'd be thrilled with the militancy that further divides our communities.

MAKAVELI

Actually history is my thing. Gandhi led India for decades. There are protests all over the U.S. on college campuses these days. Exactly what are you wanting, riots in the streets? Burning buildings, smashing windows? And to what end? Quite a few times, like in Ferguson, that's a result of misinterpreting facts. Is that what you're after, anarchy? MLK died trying to obtain equal rights and inclusiveness. Bet he'd be pretty upset at the liberal policies that have hurt so many African American families. And I doubt he'd be thrilled with the militancy that further divides our communities.
What conservative policies have helped the black community?

vantexan

What conservative policies have helped the black community?
Oh I don't know, how about an environment where businesses can thrive thus providing jobs? Conservatives are against abortion. What community has been impacted most by abortion? Conservatives are for a strong family unit. Which community has had fathers eliminated from the family unit by liberal policies more than any other?

MAKAVELI

Oh I don't know, how about an environment where businesses can thrive thus providing jobs? Conservatives are against abortion. What community has been impacted most by abortion? Conservatives are for a strong family unit. Which community has had fathers eliminated from the family unit by liberal policies more than any other?
So in other words, NOTHING.

vantexan

So in other words, NOTHING.
We can't put a gun to your heads and force you to follow conservative policies. If you want to continue the cycle you've been in for 50+ years that's your business. Don't see how it's improving your lives but at least you have your hate to comfort you.

MAKAVELI

We can't put a gun to your heads and force you to follow conservative policies. If you want to continue the cycle you've been in for 50+ years that's your business. Don't see how it's improving your lives but at least you have your hate to comfort you.
How are those conservative policies working out for your Native American people?