Snow in the forecast

JustDeliverIt

Expecting 1-2 feet of snow on the route I’ve been sitting on. Any tips on keeping warm?

Merino wool socks. One of the best winter gear investments I’ve made. Keeps your feet warm and dry. Other than that, your basic cold weather gear in layers and good boots. I use Neo’s overshoes, some people find them too big. Most guys that don’t use the Neo’s here swear by Muck Boots, never personally used them before though.

DriverNerd

If you're getting snow this early in the year it's probably going to be (fairly) warm so I'd say the most important part would be keeping your feet completely dry and have multiple pairs of gloves to keep your hands dry. Throw the extra ones on the dash and let the defroster warm/dry them.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Merino socks are good advise. Darn Tough make the best socks IMO, and they have a lifetime warranty. You get a hole, send em in and they give you a voucher.
Bring an extra pair of shoes/boots in case you do soak thru, have something to change into.
I wear long johns all winter. Upper and lower, then another layer over that, then my long sleeve and vest. Good for everything down to about 15 and super windy.
Multiple gloves to swap out is another good piece of advise.

Last edited:
Merino socks are good advise. Darn Tough make the best socks IMO, and they have a lifetime warranty. You get a hole, send em in and they give you a voucher.
Bring an extra pair of shoes/boots in case you do soak thru, have something to change into.
I wear long johns all winter. Upper and lower, then another layer over that, then my long sleeve and vest. Good for everything down to about 15 and super windy.
Multiple gloves to swap out is another good piece of advise.
Alpaca socks

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Lol, haven’t thought about this in years. I remember as a kid my mom giving me 2 pairs of socks and bread bags to go in between. Put the moon boots on and snow pants and we were good for hours outside.
I was wondering how many people would get that? My mom did the same for us.

Johney

When we use to get the tropical storms and had to deliver I use to just take my shoes and socks off and go barefoot delivering the resi’s.