So... what happens when you get back from vacation?

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't really understand why it matters what name we use if we're not getting signatures. The point is to make it clear who received the packages in case there's an issue.

I have covered routes where the receivers called in to see who signed, they wanted to see what I was putting in. The routes where that happened, they ALWAYS told the regular guy what i was typing in.

wilberforce15

Actually, technically it’s Malaysia. Why so angry about what people say they identify as?

Malaysia is in Asia. Just put "Malaysia" in a search engine, and the very first words are: "Malaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy in Southeast Asia."

This ain't hard. It's in Asia. Therefore people from there are a type of Asian.

People think they can do whatever they want with language, forcing others to accommodate them so their feelers don't get upset. If I play their stupid games with them, then our language and social discourse are dominated the whiny, the dumb, and the sissy.

They don't get to choose whether the Philippines, Malaysia, or anything else in Asia is actually in Asia. It is. Being from Asia makes you Asian. That's life. Get over it. You can also be other things in addition to that. But Asian is demonstrably factual and should upset nobody.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Actually, technically it’s Malaysia. Why so angry about what people say they identify as?
1tk22h.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have covered routes where the receivers called in to see who signed, they wanted to see what I was putting in. The routes where that happened, they ALWAYS told the regular guy what i was typing in.

I'm not sure I'm following. All I meant was first vs. last name. Most businesses would know who accepted a package based on the first name just as well as if you used a last name. I had one guy give me crap because he saw how badly I butchered the spelling of his last name when he tracked a package I delivered the day before. They still knew who accepted the package, though.

Brohn Bron

Malaysia is in Asia. Just put "Malaysia" in a search engine, and the very first words are: "Malaysia is a federal constitutional monarchy in Southeast Asia."

This ain't hard. It's in Asia. Therefore people from there are a type of Asian.

People think they can do whatever they want with language, forcing others to accommodate them so their feelers don't get upset. If I play their stupid games with them, then our language and social discourse are dominated the whiny, the dumb, and the sissy.

They don't get to choose whether the Philippines, Malaysia, or anything else in Asia is actually in Asia. It is. Being from Asia makes you Asian. That's life. Get over it. You can also be other things in addition to that. But Asian is demonstrably factual and should upset nobody.

I get the impression that you feel you can call people whatever you want and others just have to accept that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I get the impression that you feel you can call people whatever you want and others just have to accept that.

One of the most basic tenets of a free society. No one has to like what you say, or even listen, but they have to accept your right to say it. Without that, the concept of freedom breaks down entirely.

Heavy Package

I point to their name tag and give them a thumbs up as I punch that name in.

I shout loudly "Lasership" in a ghetto accent, drop the box right in the corner, and run away. Bonus by almost 2.5 hr / day. I don't care if anyone is on the phone or in a meeting or getting a cavity filled. I am there to deliver a package and run away.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
My favorites are the gas stations/convenience stores with a largely Pakistani/Indian/Middle Eastern staff.
1. Mohammed
2. Muhammad
3. Mahammod.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Office Guy could earn one a nice warning letter if a sup or center manager had a vendetta. What a idiot.

Drivers love digging their own holes.
Someone here was, and got his job back easily. The union’s stance on CIR is releasing all liability from the driver. Had a driver had a ton of stuff go missing, company fired him. Union said he released it to an employee that said his name was XXXXX, not the driver’s fault 10 laptops went missing after that.

Someone here was, and got his job back easily. The union’s stance on CIR is releasing all liability from the driver. Had a driver had a ton of stuff go missing, company fired him. Union said he released it to an employe that said his name was XXXXX, not the driver’s fault 10 laptops went missing after that.
And you can use UPS own technology to show exactly where you was at when you scanned them.. I have to get a signature for a case of paper from Staples but no signature for a $800 laptop.

Poop Head

Judge me.
And you can use UPS own technology to show exactly where you was at when you scanned them.. I have to get a signature for a case of paper from Staples but no signature for a $800 laptop.
Or need sign for a box of toilet paper, but can cir expensive jewelery lmao