Soccer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son and I watched "Nine on IX" on ESPN. It is a documentary on the 1999 Women's World Cup soccer team. Very entertaining.

I was surprised as to how much of a blowout last night's game was.

People who hate soccer are drawn to soccer forums, I love it. The first page was the best because the guy that loves american football won't say anything about the New England Patriots deflating their equipment.....so is that proof that the NFL should be exiled from the states?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
People who hate soccer are drawn to soccer forums, I love it. The first page was the best because the guy that loves american football won't say anything about the New England Patriots deflating their equipment.....so is that proof that the NFL should be exiled from the states?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438912853.899782.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm OK with soccer as long as I don't have to watch it. Frankly, it needs more scoring.

I'm OK with soccer as long as I don't have to watch it. Frankly, it needs more scoring.

That is understandable. I played baseball, american football, and basketball growing up and soccer was rather boring for me to try and pick up. As an adult I've realized that I have been watching the wrong leagues. American soccer is not for me whatsoever and it puts me to sleep. Same for the Mexican leagues but Spanish on the other hand has a lot of goals and highly skilled players. You'll also get a lot of goals out of the English and Germans.

PS

Good to see a fellow Monster!