Something seems off with pay

Oldfart

One serious illness or injury and you'll think differently.
Might want to break out a calculator. Max out of pocket is virtually the same. The annual deductible is a $900 difference. Yet the premiums are $2800 cheaper with Choice. Do you need a more detail explanation? We have seen in previous post that math isn't your strong point. I do remember TRYING to explain to you how overtime works when working Mother's Day. About 5 different post and still don't think you ever figured it out. These figures were pointed out to me by my CPA and shown to be correct.

MAKAVELI

Might want to break out a calculator. Max out of pocket is virtually the same. The annual deductible is a $900 difference. Yet the premiums are $2800 cheaper with Choice. Do you need a more detail explanation?
Many serious injuries and illnesses can last longer than a year. If you are out for a length of time your pay on disability will also be cut in half. Break out that calculator.

Oldfart

Many serious injuries and illnesses can last longer than a year. If you are out for a length of time your pay on disability will also be cut in half. Break out that calculator.
So how does that change the fact that your premiums are $2800 cheaper each year yet your out of pocket is only $100 different? Even if your illness goes into the next calendar year, those figures are still the same.

MAKAVELI

So how does that change the fact that your premiums are $2800 cheaper each year yet your out of pocket is only $100 different?
Because the deductible and out of pocket run on calendar year not a rolling 12 months. If your illness or injury runs into the next year, that deductible and out of pocket start all over again while taking home half of your pay through disability.

bacha29

Did you EVER figure out how overtime works? I know your toes and fingers don't compute 1/2 hours but I figured you knew how it worked. Yet you just couldn't understand the concept.
Guys remember something. While X is a nationwide carrier every state has it's own insurance commission. Plans and rates have to be tailored to be in compliance with the laws and regulations of that state. Therefore there has to be some variation in your plains.

MAKAVELI

Did you EVER figure out how overtime works? I know your toes and fingers don't compute 1/2 hours but I figured you knew how it worked. Yet you just couldn't understand the concept.
Did you not say it could work differently for other stations or are you losing your memory in your old age?

Oldfart

Because the deductible and out of pocket run on calendar year not a rolling 12 months. If your illness or injury runs into the next year, that deductible and out of pocket start all over again while taking home half of your pay through disability.
Still no different. You max out your out of pocket of $9700 in 2017 with Choice while saving $2800. Your illness goes into 2018. You spend the same $9700 and save the same $2800 in premiums. Each year your out of pocket is $100 more than with Premier but the premiums more than make up for that. Even if you are drawing disability, that doesn't affect your insurance situation.

Last edited:

Oldfart

I guess your memory is going. It's alright I won't hold it against you that you're going senile.
No memory fade for me. Been getting the same OT situation for Mother's Day week for 4 years or so. I could see the smoke billowing from your head from here trying to figure out what we were talking about. It was funny and sad at the same time.

MAKAVELI

Still no different. You max out your out of pocket of $9700 in 2017 with Choice while saving $2800. Your illness goes into 2018. You spend the same $9700 and save the same $2800 in premiums. Even if you are drawing disability, that doesn't affect your insurance situation.
The difference comes when you find out that not all medical services are covered services. For someone with a family, I can understand why one would choose the Premier plan. To limit their liability when something serious does happen to their families or themselves.

Oldfart

The difference comes when you find out that not all medical services are covered services. For someone with a family, I can understand why one would choose the Premier plan. To limit their liability when something serious does happen to their families or themselves.
Same plan, same services covered. One at 70%, the other at 80%. Basically the same yearly out of pocket max. Dude, this is the OT question all over again. You just don't get it. There are no services that Premier covers that Choice doesn't cover as well. Get someone you work with to explain it to you.

MAKAVELI

Same plan, same services covered. One at 70%, the other at 80%. Basically the same yearly out of pocket max. Dude, this is the OT question all over again. You just don't get it. There are no services that Premier covers that Choice doesn't cover as well. Get someone you work with to explain it to you.
You have a reading comprehension problem in addition to memory loss. I didn't state there was a difference in what services are covered. I stated there are services in both plans that may not be covered and to limit a families liability they understandably choose the Premier plan. Is that too hard for you to understand?

Oldfart

You have a reading comprehension problem in addition to memory loss. I didn't state there was a difference in what services are covered. I stated there are services in both plans that may not be covered and to limit a families liability they understandably choose the Premier plan. Is that too hard for you to understand?
Limit their liability? There is $100 max out of pocket difference for family coverage between the 2 plans. Exactly how is Premier limiting your liability more than Choice? You really just don't get it. Like I said, ask someone you work with to explain it to you because you are totally lost. While you are at it, ask them to explain how OT works and how 1.5 works when it comes to working 6 days. I am not gonna bother you on this any more because you just don't understand simple math. Good thing you drive a truck for a living.

vantexan

Why I do declare, you've exposed FedEx offering a service that you pay much more for but get little value in return over lesser plans. Since they are self insured it must be them taking advantage of unsuspecting employees. Who would've thought they'd do such a thing? Shocked, I tell you, shocked!

MAKAVELI

Limit their liability? There is $100 max out of pocket difference for family coverage between the 2 plans. Exactly how is Premier limiting your liability more than Choice? You really just don't get it. Like I said, ask someone you work with to explain it to you because you are totally lost. While you are at it, ask them to explain how OT works and how 1.5 works when it comes to working 6 days. I am not gonna bother you on this any more because you just don't understand simple math. Good thing you drive a truck for a living.
Individual is a $1650 difference. If two hit that max it more than pays for the difference in premiums. Breakout that abacus.