Sorry Doc, I can't do that...

You should have told him that you can have the packages or I can address correct them and it going to cost you $10 a package.

I have had that happen when I go to banks they tell me oh that suppose to go to the main branch. I say sorry but it's address to this address if you like I can address correct it but it going to cost someone $10 and they'll get it tomorrow. Usually that enough to ge them to take the package
This would be my solution to the problem.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
When I was in package, I asked the customer if this was the address on the box. If it was(and it always was) they had two choices- Accept the delivery, or RTS them. It always amazed me that when they had just the two choices, how easy it was for them to accept the packages.....

Solidarity413

I had a delivery to a doctors office on Wednesday, they were three huge friggen boxes, about the size of a half of a refrigerator. Not all that heavy but bulky and awkward. I wrestle these three God forsaken pieces of s--t off my truck (of course the loaders put them under my 4000 shelf and just piled a bunch of other s--t on top of them.) All the time these Indians in the doctors office are watching me do this. I get two on my hand truck, because that's all that would fit. I wrestled them through the front door (they bearley fit.) Through the waiting room door. then the doctor says (whilst waving his hand at me as if he wanted me to go away.) "Oh, Hee haz du dake those bogzez du thee other office eeen soudh plainfield." I said "uuuhhh excuse me??" "Yezz, yezz, Jupjeet heer weel get eeen her car and you gahn follow her du thee other office." I said "sorry doc, we don't do that." He looks me in the eye and says "you hav do-do whad I say." I said "okay no problem." I sheeted them refused and haven't seen them since....

I understand your frustration, but is the mocking of the guys English really necessary? I'm sure you were respectful to his face, but to come here and have a good 'ol boy conversation with us about how silly "these Indians" are doesn't make much sense. I agree that it was something to be frustrated with, at least it seems, but is this type of angry venting really deserved?

Ups_ER

I understand your frustration, but is the mocking of the guys English really necessary? I'm sure you were respectful to his face, but to come here and have a good 'ol boy conversation with us about how silly "these Indians" are doesn't make much sense. I agree that it was something to be frustrated with, at least it seems, but is this type of angry venting really deserved?

I agree, completely. Pretty Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsguy72
You should have told him that you can have the packages or I can address correct them and it going to cost you $10 a package.

I have had that happen when I go to banks they tell me oh that suppose to go to the main branch. I say sorry but it's address to this address if you like I can address correct it but it going to cost someone $10 and they'll get it tomorrow. Usually that enough to ge them to take the package

That is the correct way of handling the situation, or am I wrong?

UPS should not loose customers because of a driver. PERIOD. Because of your decision to sheet it as Refused, the shipper might contact the recipient, who will say, that the driver was not cooperative on any level. Just looks bad and unprofessional. And the shipper might think twice about using UPS ever again, not to mention word of mouth.

Also, that doctor has a Phd, show some respect. What do you have? a GED?

---SLAM ME NOW

- go ahead slam me,

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Went to a Orthodontists office with a 2nd attempt C.O.D. today. Hygienist comes over to sign and I say it's a C.O.D. She tells the receptionist, who is filling out some sort of paperwork with a customer. She stays with the customer without even looking my way as if to say I'll be right there. I wait the allotted minute and bolt. Tomorrow is another day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
lets just hope the driver will never be in an emergency and has to get help from an indian doctor. we would not want that

I crushed my thumb at work twenty years ago and the ER doc was Indian and his English was so bad I had trouble understanding him. The thumb is still deformed looking. Another tried to prescribe cortisone to my wife even though she told him she had severe allergic reactions to it. Yet another ER doc used permanent sutures in a deep cut. My wife had to later reopen the wound to cut them out. I'm not too crazy about ER docs.

Ups_ER

I crushed my thumb at work twenty years ago and the ER doc was Indian and his English was so bad I had trouble understanding him. The thumb is still deformed looking. Another tried to prescribe cortisone to my wife even though she told him she had severe allergic reactions to it. Yet another ER doc used permanent sutures in a deep cut. My wife had to later reopen the wound to cut them out. I'm not too crazy about ER docs.

I've never been to an ER, neither my wife.

That being said, are you classifying ALL Indian Doctors as incompetent? I mean, wow, Classifications of people based on Race.... Nice going - Adolf

I'm sorry for your bad experience in the ER with Indian doctors, but its just wrong to classify people on so many levels.

That being said, this thread got hijacked, and believe, we are off topic.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner

Are you saying you have an accent???

If we were in india and was destroying there native grammer, I'm pretty sure we'd be rediculed just the same.

If you can travel to a foreign land and take up perminent residence isn't it your responsibility to learn to communicate fluintly with that native language and not expect the natives of that land to serve you hand and foot.

It's not just their broken English that's the problem, It's that attitude that they think they can blabe out orders that are fully benifiting them without concidering what out of the way burden it is on us and they want it for free like you are their own personal slave.

Solidarity413

Are you saying you have an accent???

If we were in india and was destroying there native grammer, I'm pretty sure we'd be rediculed just the same.

If you can travel to a foreign land and take up perminent residence isn't it your responsibility to learn to communicate fluintly with that native language and not expect the natives of that land to serve you hand and foot.

It's not just their broken English that's the problem, It's that attitude that they think they can blabe out orders that are fully benifiting them without concidering what out of the way burden it is on us and they want it for free like you are their own personal slave.

Yes, I do have an accent it's not a strong one anymore, but everyone around here still asks if I'm from Cleveland. You silly people not knowing what a treelawn is :happy-very:. Every region in our country has an accent, try going to New England I can't understand a word that is spoken to me up there! ^_^

Okay, lets try not being on the defensive so you can actually read what I said instead of being reactionary.

I said I agree it is something to be frustrated with, however the racism in your posts is NOT needed. It is fine to say the manner in which you were dealt with was not respectful and that annoys you. I get that.

Next time you try attacking a whole ethnicity for destroying your native language, at least spell grammar right.

Again you use words like "THEY" think what is this supposed to mean;them as a whole ethnicity because that's what the context sounds like, or they as in the staff at the office.

Some people see racism in everything, some never see it. When it really makes no difference. Get over it.
The point of the thread is what to do in a situation, not how PC the poster is.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A PHD doesn't get you instant respect. Remember, we've talked about "college educated dummies" before. They might be book smart, but have no idea how to be in a social situation or how to treat people and I don't mean medically.

A PHD just gets me to mistrust you more.:sick:

Ups_ER

A PHD doesn't get you instant respect.

Shame, because to get a PhD, a person has to STUDY a lot for along time, give or take 5-10 years AFTER receiving their MASTERS.

If that's not enough to respect a person, hell, than I do not know... Hey. DO you respect Astronauts? Or are they just 'college educated dummies'.

I guess, a lot of people here did not go to college, and hence think its ok to smash on people who did. Did I spend a lot on money on my education? Yes, have I seen the return on that investment? Not yet.

Regardless, should the PhD be respected? I believe so, because that person, knows A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN YOU.

PS. If any of you guys been to college, you know its NOT all about studying, heck its 35% School, and 65% Partying, so the statement "college kids do not know how to behave socially", must be the MOST ridiculous statement I have read in my 27 years of live.
Thats all:) Go Cards

Solidarity413

Some people see racism in everything, some never see it. When it really makes no difference. Get over it.
The point of the thread is what to do in a situation, not how PC the poster is.

What if I'm neither? I call out people when they need to be called out. I hope there aren't people who never see racism. They would be lieing to themselves. I don't see whats so wrong with agreeing with the point that the driver wasn't treated respectfully, but he then reacted in a manner that was racist. I just call them like I see them.

Solidarity413

Shame, because to get a PhD, a person has to STUDY a lot for along time, give or take 5-10 years AFTER receiving their MASTERS.

If that's not enough to respect a person, hell, than I do not know... Hey. DO you respect Astronauts? Or are they just 'college educated dummies'.

I guess, a lot of people here did not go to college, and hence think its ok to smash on people who did. Did I spend a lot on money on my education? Yes, have I seen the return on that investment? Not yet.

Regardless, should the PhD be respected? I believe so, because that person, knows A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN YOU.

PS. If any of you guys been to college, you know its NOT all about studying, heck its 35% School, and 65% Partying, so the statement "college kids do not know how to behave socially", must be the MOST ridiculous statement I have read in my 27 years of live.
Thats all:) Go Cards

Some of my favorite profs in college weren't street smart though, you know what they say common sense isn't common. But some were both book smart and street smart. Either way if you take 8-10 years of your life to master a subject I think you should be respected.

The Cards are baseball, right? If so, then yeah go Cards! ^_^ Sorry I don't watch baseball.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yep, they have the "book-learnin'".....but I see them daily cross the street and not push the crossing button. I see them drive with no seat belts and I see them jog in the street when there's a 4' wide sidewalk available. Just members of the "not too bright" club.

Respect is earned on a person-to-person basis and has nothing to do with how many years you went to school.

Perpetual students come to mind.....people who can't decide on a major and keep switching and spend endless time in school. Dummies !!:sick:

Ups_ER

Yep, they have the "book-learnin'".....but I see them daily cross the street and not push the crossing button. I see them drive with no seat belts and I see them jog in the street when there's a 4' wide sidewalk available. Just members of the "not too bright" club.

Those things have nothing to do with being smart. Its a preference not to wear a seat belt; its actually faster to cross the street NOT pushing the button. If you'd ever been to a big city, you'd know EVERYONE crosses when they like. The jogging thin I agree on, however, those people are just SELFISH PRICKS.

Respect is earned on a person-to-person basis and has nothing to do with how many years you went to school.

Almost correct, however, you have to respect that most PhD are trying to HELP other people. More than can be said from any of us.

Perpetual students come to mind.....people who can't decide on a major and keep switching and spend endless time in school. Dummies !!:sick:

People who cant decide on a major = dummies ? LOL, ok ??!!! Again, you people are classifying all college student as the same.
You can change your major and still graduate in 4 years. You can NOT Change your major and graduate in 7 years.
You people on this forum really need to stop GENERALIZING PEOPLE. You hate management, you hate the sales guys, you hate College Kids. --
Jeez, unless you are a driver, no one gets your respect. NOT COOL.

And talking about street smarts, some have it some dont. AGAIN you just cant GENERALIZE! HOW ABOUT I CALL ALL DRIVERS UNEDUCATED? Let me guess, not so cool to do that, right?

----- What you got to say ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"You people on this forum really need to stop GENERALIZING PEOPLE. You hate management, you hate the sales guys, you hate College Kids. --
Jeez, unless you are a driver, no one gets your respect. NOT COOL."

OK, people who start a sentence with "You people"..........what people?
Women? Old folks? white folks? Fat folks? Uneducated folks? or all of the above?