Southwest Package Rider

dogs.bite.me

Can't draw until age 57 at earliest. So you are saying every full timer that destroys his/her body bleeding brown for this company who that starts getting a pension at 57 will live to 97? Friend, get you some new material!
Look at the UAW pension fiasco.

Don’t let reality smack you in the face.

bowhnterdon

Because if they bump 25 year pension, the pension fund will dry up.

A 25 yr UPSer could potentially retire at 46, go get another job and draw from that pension for 40 yrs!! Drawing for 40 yrs and only contributed 25 = pension bankruptcy
The 25 and out was put in play in my JC in 1994. Absolutely ruined the fund....

Tony Q

Everyone else has a thread so I though I'd start one for us.

I've seen it and it has some good changes and if the Master does pass I feel confident that RPCDs will not have to worry about being " laid off" on Mondays.
Dude, I respect you, but haven't I been saying this all along. I think you should acknowledge that I have tried to shoot you straight all along.

dogs.bite.me

I said all along it would be a supplemental issue.
I'm coming around to the contract.
Do I think it could be better?
Absolutely.
Do I think the teamsters caved on some issues....cough cough NINE FIVE??
YEP
But in all honesty we didnt lose a single thing.

Tony Q

I'm coming around to the contract.
Do I think it could be better?
Absolutely.
Do I think the teamsters caved on some issues....cough cough NINE FIVE??
YEP
But in all honesty we didnt lose a single thing.
Told you so. And you were one of the ones who smashed me. I have walked a day I your shoes. I understand your thought process. You have never spent a day in my dress shoes, except date night, weddings, or other social occasions, respectfully.

542thruNthru

Dude, I respect you, but haven't I been saying this all along. I think you should acknowledge that I have tried to shoot you straight all along.

I don't believe I ever said that it wouldn't be there. I more argued the point that I want to see the language. Being that my supplemental Rider was being negotiated it could have changed. Yes you have been saying it but not all areas are the same so I can also see people's frustrations.

As with most people you have your view and I have mine. It's was never a question of you shooting straight but more of your views on the contract.

You said it was a good contract and people would see that. I disagreed.

Tony Q

I don't believe I ever said that it wouldn't be there. I more argued the point that I want to see the language. Being that my supplemental Rider was being negotiated it could have changed. Yes you have been saying it but not all areas are the same so I can also see people's frustrations.

As with most people you have your view and I have mine. It's was never a question of you shooting straight but more of your views on the contract.

Well, I just might hit you up for that cup of coffee down the road anyway. Or was it a drink?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Told you so. And you were one of the ones who smashed me. I have walked a day I your shoes. I understand your thought process. You have never spent a day in my dress shoes, except date night, weddings, or other social occasions, respectfully.
That's one....hope you don't get your shoes dirty.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

At least the Southwest may have some assurances?

Ask yourself why these issues we have would need to be addressed in the various Supplements, instead of the Master....and who will be left behind, even if you aren't???

Isn't that how we are supposed to look at these things as a collective whole?
Can we stand back and watch another Master passed by conflicting autonomy?
I can't...

542thruNthru

Ask yourself why these issues we have would need to be addressed in the various Supplements, instead of the Master....and who will be left behind, even if you aren't???

I can't...

Oh I completely agree and said it in a previous post when @wide load posted his language. This shouldn't even have been a supplemental issue. That language should never have been added to the Master. It leaves every supplement fighting to rectify it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Oh I completely agree and said it in a previous post when @wide load posted his language. This shouldn't even have been a supplemental issue. That language should never have been added to the Master. It leaves every supplement fighting to rectify it.
My opinion is that it will be used as a political issue down the road. “Oh this candidate didn’t address this in the supplement.”

dogs.bite.me

Show me where I smashed you? I kept an open mind

The only thing I criticized you on was using the scare tactic that a no vote meant strike. Get your facts straight before you go throwing stones.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I can't...
My opinion is that it will be used as a political issue down the road. “Oh this candidate didn’t address this in the supplement.”
Care to comment on this notion, @Tony Q ???

Tony Q

I can't...
In a perfect world we should see them all at the same time. Then people's imaginations wouldn't run wild. They hyped up the machine. The Teamsters have themselves to blame.

Tony Q

Care to comment on this notion, @Tony Q ???
The than it being a supplemental issue, I don't know what I can add. I think wideload hit the nail on the head when he threw in politics. Fred, Sean, and Teamsters United are playing politics. The unfortunate part is its with the members livelihoods. I will maintain this tile the day I die. Sean should have negotiated this whole contract. He got himself fired so he could not be attached to the Master. Whoever is attached to this master would be committing political sucicide. Sean knew this so he did not do his job and was forced to be fired. hall wanted nothing to do with this lemon so he passed it off to Sean. Denis was the patsy because they know he is going to retire.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The than it being a supplemental issue, I don't know what I can add. I think wideload hit the nail on the head when he threw in politics. Fred, Sean, and Teamsters United are playing politics. The unfortunate part is its with the members livelihoods. I will maintain this tile the day I die. Sean should have negotiated this whole contract. He got himself fired so he could not be attached to the Master. Whoever is attached to this master would be committing political sucicide. Sean knew this so he did not do his job and was forced to be fired. hall wanted nothing to do with this lemon so he passed it off to Sean. Denis was the patsy because they know he is going to retire.
So your saying that this was the IBT’s intention all along to friend the membership? Wow that’s great! I love how someone gets themselves fired for giving unity a shot? I think 99% of the people on here have a hard time believing Tony Q now. The only people that played politics with the master are the people in charge of it. You get it yet?