Spam

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When in Hawaii, eat like a Hawaiin. Walk down an isle of the Big Save and half of it is dedicated to Spam. Every year, while on vacation, I treat my kids to the finer dining of Spam. Spam and eggs, Spam sandwich, Grilled Spam with MahiMahi. After a day or two I can't find my family at dinner time as they have walked down to Brennickes to get something real to eat.
Will be in Kauai next week. Must find some new recipies to mask the Spam.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When in Hawaii, eat like a Hawaiin. Walk down an isle of the Big Save and half of it is dedicated to Spam. Every year, while on vacation, I treat my kids to the finer dining of Spam. Spam and eggs, Spam sandwich, Grilled Spam with MahiMahi. After a day or two I can't find my family at dinner time as they have walked down to Brennickes to get something real to eat.

Teri beef at Zippy's is a good altrnative!!! Daughter makes Spam Musubi and I hate it!!

oldngray

nowhere special

Spam with poi? Sounds truly disgusting.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Teri beef at Zippy's is a good altrnative!!! Daughter makes Spam Musubi and I hate it!!

Zippy's was probably one of the best places to eat that we found on our three trips to Oahu. The food at most restaurants we ate at was bland and over-priced everywhere we went. I wasn't impressed with the three different Luaus we went to, the shows were good but the food wasn't.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am a big fan of Zippy's and love their hamburger patty at breakfast with a couple eggs.......all their food seems cheaper than Denny's and their refrigerated pie & cake case in the front is tempting to take back to your hotel room.
You can also get food packed for a picnic or hike, etc. Very friendly place.

We gave up on other places and just ate their a lot. Outback there lost me as a customer forever.....

oldngray

nowhere special
What I remember about Hawaii is the best food was at small places you never heard of. Not the big name tourist traps.

Hawaii50

I am a big fan of Zippy's and love their hamburger patty at breakfast with a couple eggs.......all their food seems cheaper than Denny's and their refrigerated pie & cake case in the front is tempting to take back to your hotel room.
You can also get food packed for a picnic or hike, etc. Very friendly place.

We gave up on other places and just ate their a lot. Outback there lost me as a customer forever.....
your hamburger patty eggs meal is called a Loco Moco. rice, hamburger patty, over easy eggs, with gravy all over.