spread the word

diesel96

wkmac. take a look at the stats. The economy was actually in great shape up until january of 2008. The beginning of last year. Its amazing how quickly the economy crashed and quickly people forget how much better it was before last years crash.
Now it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that a democratic controlled congress who would like to see obama get elected president would not do anything to stop the economic decline. Doing so would have helped the republican candidate get elected. Sad but true.

Along with enjoying the Tax Cuts, 3/4's of the GNP was horded by the top 1% of the country's wealthiest people during the Bush Adm. Is that what you call an economy in great shape? Please, wages have been stagnant for 30 years eroding the middle class.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
================
Obama has been in office for 30 days and your trying to blame him for this crisis. Get a clue, your boy Bush tripled the deficit all by himself with his war to nowhere. That war is over in 18 months. Don't ask me why we attacked Iraq but its over.
We put them in power, it was the beginning of the end for the Republican party for many, many years. They had there hands tied by the master of disaster, Bush.

(1) in just 30 days O has promised to spend more $$ than all other presidents combined.
(2) Good military ideal is to have an away war than a home fought one .
(3) Iraq is a nicer place today because of all the improvements to roads, schools, hospitals, oil production, etc.
(4) Iraq's last election had no outbreaks of violence.
(5) Iraq's constitution demands that women serve as elected officals, they have the largest % of women doing so worldwide.
(6) When it is proven that O is unqualified to be president, he & the democratic party will no longer exist.

chev

Nightcrawler
================
Obama has been in office for 30 days and your trying to blame him for this crisis. Get a clue, your boy Bush tripled the deficit all by himself with his war to nowhere. That war is over in 18 months. Don't ask me why we attacked Iraq but its over.
We put them in power, it was the beginning of the end for the Republican party for many, many years. They had there hands tied by the master of disaster, Bush.
:puppet: (Bush is a meanie, boo hoo hoo.)
And your "BOY" is going to be the master of disaster when it comes to economic recovery.
Funniest Movie Line Ever

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
Come on, so your saying that the newly elected Democratic congress put the ka bosh on the economy to get Obama elected?
The reason the economy was humming along was because it was a false economy. People were living off there mortgages and money was being thrown around like sailors at a topless joint. Where were the regulators? I blame democrats too, Especially Barney frank, but it was Bush's presidency and he will take the fall for it in history. He is already 36th worst in history.

unionman its important you put down your union political reference guide and actually open your mind to what is going on in the real world. Bush deserves his share of the blame. that congress is equally or more to blame. the probem is that congress got rewarded with more power then they had before. Think about it unionman the congress responsible for the second greatest economic crash in history now has even more power then before. Obama was part of that congress. How do you reward someone who helped wreck the economy by making him president?

tieguy

Banned
================

Perhaps you could list one thing bush did that congress refused to support that wrecked this economy?

tieguy

Banned
Along with enjoying the Tax Cuts, 3/4's of the GNP was horded by the top 1% of the country's wealthiest people during the Bush Adm. Is that what you call an economy in great shape? Please, wages have been stagnant for 30 years eroding the middle class.

that would be one of the themes heard more and more from the communistas on the left. Class warfare has started and continues to be an excuse card that Obama and the liberal idiots in congress constantly play.

But lets play your game. Bush eliminated a lower tier of the tax structure with his cuts tell me how that helped the rich.

Bush eliminated the marriage penalty with his cuts. tell me how that helped only the rich.

unionman

unionman its important you put down your union political reference guide and actually open your mind to what is going on in the real world. Bush deserves his share of the blame. that congress is equally or more to blame. the probem is that congress got rewarded with more power then they had before. Think about it unionman the congress responsible for the second greatest economic crash in history now has even more power then before. Obama was part of that congress. How do you reward someone who helped wreck the economy by making him president?
===============
Its not going to work. I had this same arguement with a guy after Reagan left. You guys try to blame it on the majority in congress when it is Democratic, but it doen't hold water when the president has the veto pen. Majority in congress doesn't mean anything unless you have two thirds to override veto from stubborn president that can't see disaster in front of him.

wkmac

===============
Its not going to work. I had this same arguement with a guy after Reagan left. You guys try to blame it on the majority in congress when it is Democratic, but it doen't hold water when the president has the veto pen. Majority in congress doesn't mean anything unless you have two thirds to override veto from stubborn president that can't see disaster in front of him.

Forget Congress. They gave up their power of Art. 1 Sec. 8 a long time ago. The power is now in the hands of the unitary executive and the bureaucracy. A quick visit to a law library and looking over the Federal Register will IMO quickly show that most movement across gov't takes place via executive orders from the President or notices and rules changes within the bureaucracy itself. Adminstrative law does allow a 30 day period for objections to be voiced and if none come and in most cases don't, the order or ruling take effect as if passed by Congress itself.

Many of these notices and ruling are not general in application but rather specific to certains persons or industries granting special priviledge or exemption. From a historical POV, it reminds me of the old days of fuedalism when subjects groveled at the feet of Kings and Entitled persons of the empire in order to obtain favor while the peasant and serfs tolled in the fields of peace or war paying for it all.

It seems what we had on July 4th, 1776' quickly vanished into the dustbin of history as republicans and democrats with glee speed us back to the fuedalism of our long ago past.

unionman

that would be one of the themes heard more and more from the communistas on the left. Class warfare has started and continues to be an excuse card that Obama and the liberal idiots in congress constantly play.

But lets play your game. Bush eliminated a lower tier of the tax structure with his cuts tell me how that helped the rich.

Bush eliminated the marriage penalty with his cuts. tell me how that helped only the rich.
============

Listen, before I reply let me just say that I am against big government and waste full spending. Ok, now let me say that Bush cut taxes for everybody and spent about a trillion dollars on a war to nowhere. Do you not agree that anybody that spends a bunch of money and cuts there own income is a wise person? Its retarded!
I agree that spending money to stabilize this economy is going to hurt our pocket book but it is being done with more oversight than ever before. In Obama's speech to Congress he said that they were going through the package line by line looking for waste, and there is some, but not by far as much as there would have been in the past.
He has already found 2 trillion dollars in waste to try and balance the deficit. No more tax breaks for rich farmers was just one example he gave.
This is a new government, its not Democrat and its not republican, I like what I see. You can't always get everything you like but you have to agree that what Obama has been saying and doing is very good for America

ca

av8torntn

You can't always get everything you like but you have to agree that what Obama has been saying and doing is very good for America

ca

I do not agree. I believe what Obama is doing is very harmful to America. He is taking away our freedoms on a scale they we have probably never seen before. Please save the history lesson of WWII but I believe he is taking this many steps farther. His AG is talking about banning guns the same way Clinton did. He is spending money on social programs at the largest rate in history taking away our economic freedom. He is in the process of funding universal health care taking away our health care freedom. Under his leadership the markets have dropped farther, faster than any other new president. He has hired possibly the most corrupt scandal ridden staff in history. He has hired between 70 and 80 former lobbyists which makes him a liar. They are floating the idea of bank nationalization. He has promised to raise taxes. He has promised to take away our freedom to buy the vehicles we want by imposing more fuel and emission standards.He has promised to raise the cost of energy consumption. The list is almost endless. Just the amount of debt he has burdened us with in his first 30 days is incredible and harmful. Since America was founded on the idea of limited government and freedom I believe he is trying to destroy this country.

unionman

Perhaps you could list one thing bush did that congress refused to support that wrecked this economy?
=========
Do you mean the Republican lame duck congress up until 2006 or the one that was voted in because everyone saw which direction this country was headed?

tieguy

Banned
============

Listen, before I reply let me just say that I am against big government and waste full spending. Ok, now let me say that Bush cut taxes for everybody and spent about a trillion dollars on a war to nowhere. Do you not agree that anybody that spends a bunch of money and cuts there own income is a wise person? Its retarded!

I'm not sure what you're talking about I supported the Iraq war as did the democratic leadership of the time. Unlike them I don't moonwalk away from that support. I think our troops have done a terrific job under very difficult circumstances. I think our victory in Iraq will lead to a long term stabalization of the middle east.

We didn't start the war but we damn sure finished it.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I'm not sure what you're talking about I supported the Iraq war as did the democratic leadership of the time. Unlike them I don't moonwalk away from that support. I think our troops have done a terrific job under very difficult circumstances. I think our victory in Iraq will lead to a long term stabilization of the middle east.

Finely i get to agree with TIE

tieguy

Banned
=========
Do you mean the Republican lame duck congress up until 2006 or the one that was voted in because everyone saw which direction this country was headed?

The so called lame duck congress provided us with an economy that was producing 4.5 percent growth and 4 percent unemployment. Had they stayed in power they could have wiped out the defficent by sustaining such a growth rate. The congress in power the past two and a half years could only dream of doing half as well. The current congress which Obama was an integral part of could not find their arse if we gave them gps and painted a map on their rears.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm not sure what you're talking about I supported the Iraq war as did the democratic leadership of the time. Unlike them I don't moonwalk away from that support. I think our troops have done a terrific job under very difficult circumstances. I think our victory in Iraq will lead to a long term stabalization of the middle east.

unionman

Ok, ill play along. The Democratic "majority" congress did not see this disaster coming either, in the three years they held majority. Still doesn't change the fact that the Republican party is on the brink of total extinction because of Bush. You wouldn't know what good leadership was if it was staring you in the face. Because it is. Obama

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Leadership.
O until now, has had no positions that prepared him for this. Or would you care to list all the great jobs that he has earned to teach him how to lead?
Was it when he was a lawyer for ACCORN ?
Was it when he was a state senator ?
Was it during his short time as a US Senator ?
Or did it happen during his early years when he was a student abroad ?

Come on I need to know....enlighten me.

unionman

Leadership.
O until now, has had no positions that prepared him for this. Or would you care to list all the great jobs that he has earned to teach him how to lead?
Was it when he was a lawyer for ACCORN ?
Was it when he was a state senator ?
Was it during his short time as a US Senator ?
Or did it happen during his early years when he was a student abroad ?

Come on I need to know....enlighten me.
====================

You obviously are a right wing brainwashed idiot with your stupid little joke of a picture you have there. Im not going to explain S(*t to you because it would be like trying to explain something to a two year old. I hope your proud that you voted for one of the worst presidents in history. Twice!. I wouldn't expect you to know a good president if George Washington was sitting next to you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Baba and I agree and I think there are a lot of other people who agree too.
Unionman, did you ever think you might be the "brainwashed idiot " (your words)

Cut out the name calling and stick to the issues only.

unionman

Baba and I agree and I think there are a lot of other people who agree too.
Unionman, did you ever think you might be the "brainwashed idiot " (your words)

Cut out the name calling and stick to the issues only.
===================
Its not ok for me to call him an idiot when he has that picture of Obama with a tooth missing on all his posts. Stop listening to Rush Linbaugh.