Spreading the wealth....

diesel96

Interesting point you brought up. Whenever I go to the Local to a meeting, there are a lot of non-union made cars in the parking lot driven by hard core Teamsters. That has always seemed hypocritical to me. My wife drives a Ford made in Missouri, and I drive a Chevy built in Shreveport, La. My older brother works in that GM plant, he has been with GM and the Plumbers/Pipefitter Union for about 30 years. He is very worried right now. Every single car or truck I have ever bought was built in North America.

Many American name brand cars are made or assembled in North America all right, in the form of Canada and Mexico, meanwhile Toyota's for example are assembled in the US. Go figure Scratch..... USA...USA....USA

55andout?

Interesting point you brought up. Whenever I go to the Local to a meeting, there are a lot of non-union made cars in the parking lot driven by hard core Teamsters. That has always seemed hypocritical to me. My wife drives a Ford made in Missouri, and I drive a Chevy built in Shreveport, La. My older brother works in that GM plant, he has been with GM and the Plumbers/Pipefitter Union for about 30 years. He is very worried right now. Every single car or truck I have ever bought was built in North America.
There used to be a saying back in the day...."As GM goes, so goes the nation." I think it still applies. The manufacturing job is the most important job to have because it creates more jobs to support it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Many American name brand cars are made or assembled in North America all right, in the form of Canada and Mexico, meanwhile Toyota's for example are assembled in the US. Go figure Scratch..... USA...USA....USA

Toyota is not an American company, the profits go to Japan. Notice I stated North America, I have had one car that was built in Canada and I know a lot of components come from Mexico too. We don't have any car plants left in my state presently. Every afternoon I drive by a Ford Taurus Plant and watch as it is being demolished. Both of our GM plants have closed, but they might put a Kia plant in. I blame the American auto companies too. They are slow to change and have designed a lot of poor quality cars. I find it interesting that American car companies build different models overseas that do well.

tieguy

Banned
Toyota is not an American company, the profits go to Japan. Notice I stated North America, I have had one car that was built in Canada and I know a lot of components come from Mexico too. We don't have any car plants left in my state presently. Every afternoon I drive by a Ford Taurus Plant and watch as it is being demolished. Both of our GM plants have closed, but they might put a Kia plant in. I blame the American auto companies too. They are slow to change and have designed a lot of poor quality cars. I find it interesting that American car companies build different models overseas that do well.

things should change rather quickly after Obama takes office. Our democratic friends have assured us that Obama will be able to keep gas prices down around 1.50 a gallon which is probably close to where it will be when Bush leaves office. With Obama having God given gift of maintaining those price levels americans will soon be buying all the gas guzzling SUV's they can get their hands on.:happy-very:

55andout?

things should change rather quickly after Obama takes office. Our democratic friends have assured us that Obama will be able to keep gas prices down around 1.50 a gallon which is probably close to where it will be when Bush leaves office. With Obama having God given gift of maintaining those price levels americans will soon be buying all the gas guzzling SUV's they can get their hands on.:happy-very:
Thats sarcasm right? Please someone tell me that was sarcasm! Yeah....its sarcasm.

UPS Lifer

This bailout thing is getting ridiculous. Now - Phoenix is asking for a share of the pie!

Hindsight is 20-20. I thought the economy needed a shot in the arm as I look back - the market continued to drop. I now think we probably should have done nothing and let everything shake out as it would have.

If nothing else.... this bailout money should have tight strings attached to it - CEOs should be dismissed and specific guidelines and oversight put in to protect the tax payers.

If the mayor of Phoenix wants a bailout than he should quit and be replaced as well. There needs to be consequences for this cavalier attitude that the taxpayer should pay for the mistakes of these so called "leaders"!

It always seems that the foxes are guarding the chicken coop and that needs to stop!

av8torntn

If nothing else.... this bailout money should have tight strings attached to it - CEOs should be dismissed and specific guidelines and oversight put in to protect the tax payers.
!

This is a big reason I opposed the bail out. The last thing that I want is the Federal Government forcing more of their will on private companies. Government regulation and oversight likely caused the problem so I think the wrong thing to do is call for more Government regulation and oversight. That is like throwing oil on a fire.

tieguy

Banned
This is a big reason I opposed the bail out. The last thing that I want is the Federal Government forcing more of their will on private companies. Government regulation and oversight likely caused the problem so I think the wrong thing to do is call for more Government regulation and oversight. That is like throwing oil on a fire.

How soon the world forgets the reagan lesson of less government not more.

On a side note the current events arena seems to be a lot calmer when certain posters don't post here.:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

On a side note the current events arena seems to be a lot calmer when certain posters don't post here.:happy-very:

It amazes me the how much BS people believe when it comes to Reagan.

Reagan RAISED taxes 8 times while in office, he raised the capital gains taxes on businesses to the highest levels in history.

He "bait and switched" americans to believe they were getting a tax cut , when in fact he raised taxes on everything else and still managed to grow the deficit to its highest levels in history (at the time= 1.5 trillion)

Reagan and the memory of Reagan is all hype. Remember, he came this close to impeechment, but lucked out and got shot.

Reagans accomplishments were all MYTHS and not FACTS.:dead:

Red State

The lessons of Reagan? Dang you are forgetful.

What posters are you referring to

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel96

I feel left out....Why aren't I on anybody's ignore list ?
What am I, The Alan Combs of Fox Brown Cafe ? How insulting...lol

TOS, Your dead on, most of Reagan's negative legacy is also on the ignore list, except for the "Gorbachev, Tear down this wall" speech....

UPS Lifer

I feel left out....Why aren't I on anybody's ignore list ?
What am I, The Alan Combs of Fox Brown Cafe ? How insulting...lol

TOS, Your dead on, most of Reagan's negative legacy is also on the ignore list, except for the "Gorbachev, Tear down this wall" speech....

(Frankly, I think you are the AC of Fox Brown Cafe!) LOL!
Why would you be on ignore? We have to argue with someone and you have seniority!

Wait till BO starts his term ..... I am sure we will have some good stuff to talk over!!!!! LOL!

av8torntn

and major revisions to the tax codes that resulted in a much lower tax burden, 17 million new jobs, minority unemployment rate cut in half, low inflation, increase in %12 in family income, US military refit, and depending on who you ask the longest period of peacetime economic expansion(I know that depends on what you call peace).

moreluck

golden ticket member
15845yc.jpg