Spreading the wealth....

paidslave

I think you laid it out pretty well:
It's always gone up and down with the dollar. Strong dollar weak gold, weak dollar strong gold.

There is a lot of talk in the US about making the dollar stronger and the EU, China, India and Japan are pushing and maneuvering to weaken their currencies in relation to the dollar.
I never got into gold (too bad) but this is not the time to be increasing your position in gold. If you have made gains in gold, this is a prime, critical time to rebalance your portfolio so that gold is at (or below) the original % of your portfolio that it started out 2 years ago.

I couldn't agree more! A bit late to jump on this bandwagon..

paidslave

Paid Slave, gold is gold.
When all the other forms of payment go away, gold still works.

Now Google is something that should have popped. Way over priced.

I agree with you. Many people thought the same about a barrel of OIL when it almost hit 150 bucks...Be careful!

It works to a point...Try eating your gold. Corn taste must better...As you are already are aware the price of food is skyrocketing. Future traders will not be interested in investing in gold since it has remained been flat...I expect a major sell off very soon! Cd's will yield a better return here on out.

my2cents!

Time to sell equities on the daily spikes. Oil will rise and stabilize around $100-$120. I expect to be laid off most of 2009.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Nancy Pelosi wants help for the auto makers..."

Yeah, well I want world peace.

Who the hell does Nancy Pelosi think she is, president??

Where will the Dems. draw the line in bailing out companies?? Doing business badly should have natural consequences.

Surely, even the Dems. realize you can't help every company......don't they? .....or are they really that stupid??:sick:

browndevil

Where will the Dems. draw the line in bailing out companies?? Doing business badly should have natural consequences.

Surely, even the Dems. realize you can't help every company......don't they? .....or are they really that stupid??:sick:
Although I agree with your premise regarding bailing out companies and where we draw the line. However something we need to consider that crosses party lines is that 1 in 10 US jobs is connected to the auto industry. Can you see the ripple affect if we let this go? Our counrty's last great manufacturing business.....GONE!

av8torntn

Can you see the ripple affect if we let this go? quote]

Wow you will likely catch some flack on here from your fellow dims for admitting that trickle down actually works.

If you guys want to help the auto industry you should demand that the government lift these ridiculous fuel and safety standards and allow the consumer to decide what goods they would like to be brought to the market. It is very odd how these manufacturers can be profitable overseas but not in the US.

browndevil

Can you see the ripple affect if we let this go? quote]

Wow you will likely catch some flack on here from your fellow dims for admitting that trickle down actually works.

If you guys want to help the auto industry you should demand that the government lift these ridiculous fuel and safety standards and allow the consumer to decide what goods they would like to be brought to the market. It is very odd how these manufacturers can be profitable overseas but not in the US.
Av8 I don't mind if I catch ANY flack. I have in the past regarding my social liberal views. I do realize how divided we are and I am ready to roll up my sleaves and get to work. DEMS, REBS, LIBS, Greens etc. we are all americans first!

chev

Nightcrawler
Although I agree with your premise regarding bailing out companies and where we draw the line. However something we need to consider that crosses party lines is that 1 in 10 US jobs is connected to the auto industry. Can you see the ripple affect if we let this go? Our counrty's last great manufacturing business.....GONE!

I agree. We can't afford to allow the auto industry to fail. I hate to see more bailout, but is there another alternative right here right now?

tieguy

Banned

nancy pelosi my end up being a pseudo president as she slaps Obama around.

another interesting thought. Fuel prices are dropping nicely and could very well drop down to 1.5 or less a gallon by the time Bush leaves office. Wonder how the dems will spin that issue when it climbs again. This was one issue where Pelosi refused to act when pressured by the country in a clear effort to help Obamas election cause. So much excitement to look forward to once the dems have no one to blame but theirselves.

55andout?

There should be no bail out of the auto industry! I love my American car but trust me when I say that the government will never bail us out if we fall on hard times in the future.

A better alternative may be to reduce or eliminate the federal sales tax on all Ford,Chevy and Dodge trucks made in the USA. That way the consumer will benefit as well as the Big 3. Another advantage to this will is that the government will not have to borrow money to loan to these poorly run companies. Unfortunatly the Big 3 will probably still run their companies into the ground and they would not benefit from the additional sales.

In closing I would like to respectfully ask a question of the many rank and file union and non union employees who are in the BC on a daily basis:

What kind of car do you drive? Is it Union made? Or is it not important to you? God bless the USA!!

browndevil

There should be no bail out of the auto industry! I love my American car but trust me when I say that the government will never bail us out if we fall on hard times in the future.

A better alternative may be to reduce or eliminate the federal sales tax on all Ford,Chevy and Dodge trucks made in the USA. That way the consumer will benefit as well as the Big 3. Another advantage to this will is that the government will not have to borrow money to loan to these poorly run companies. Unfortunatly the Big 3 will probably still run their companies into the ground and they would not benefit from the additional sales.

In closing I would like to respectfully ask a question of the many rank and file union and non union employees who are in the BC on a daily basis:

What kind of car do you drive? Is it Union made? Or is it not important to you? God bless the USA!!
A 95 Honda

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Interesting point you brought up. Whenever I go to the Local to a meeting, there are a lot of non-union made cars in the parking lot driven by hard core Teamsters. That has always seemed hypocritical to me. My wife drives a Ford made in Missouri, and I drive a Chevy built in Shreveport, La. My older brother works in that GM plant, he has been with GM and the Plumbers/Pipefitter Union for about 30 years. He is very worried right now. Every single car or truck I have ever bought was built in North America.

av8torntn

I hate to see more bailout, but is there another alternative right here right now?

There is another alternative. We can demand that the government allow the auto makers to bring a product to the markets that the consumers are willing to pay for. If they cannot do it then we should allow them to fail so someone else can fill that void. Now is not the time to raise taxes on business nor is it time for the government to prop up failed business models. Now is the time to demand the government eliminate these ridiculous regulations they have forced upon the auto makers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Way back when, GM refused to get into the hybrid business.......their mistake.Somebody paid off somebody.

They failed to adjust to the times. Toyota adjusted by making Prius. They aren't doing well either, but they are not on the verge of closing.

I love the GM products! However, business isn't run on sympathy. You snooze, you lose. I still believe in the natural consequences ...... if I didn't, we'd be reviving the dinosaurs.