SSD's (PVD's) implemented 6-7 weeks from Christmas. New contract already ignored?

PVDKGFK

I personally have done 8 or 9 without. Some were good and some were bad and very long.
Absolutely, I was asked to help a reg route driver who was new, and struggling, I was more than happy to help as heavy routes during peak can be very overwhelming, and cause anxiety which is never fun

Brown Down

i gotcha, some are offeneded, some arent. its hard to differentiate between the two. I get it, im a scab that isnt really wanted, but im just trying to work, which most of society doesnt wanna to crap to get a paycheck
Me personally I get the use of you guys. While I don't fully agree with it I do see the necessary evil side of it. In my building we don't even have enough parking let alone space for more trucks. My biggest problem is how bad the company abuses anything they possibly can. And that includes you(as a group not you personally). I was hoping this contract would set more clear rules regarding your use and implementation but it fell a little short. Maybe next contract it can be expanded some more.

PVDKGFK

Me personally I get the use of you guys. While I don't fully agree with it I do see the necessary evil side of it. In my building we don't even have enough parking let alone space for more trucks. My biggest problem is how bad the company abuses anything they possibly can. And that includes you(as a group not you personally). I was hoping this contract would set more clear rules regarding your use and implementation but it fell a little short. Maybe next contract it can be expanded some more.
I know the contract has now limited PVD from 11/15-12-26. Which has decreased PVD work which was 11/1-end of yr. I completely understand that Union workers want to keep as much work as they can, but how much stress can a person take to make sure a package gets there, just to keep an employees sanity, safety, and well being?

PVDKGFK

Instead of putting us in a central UPS location, they rent out storage units. We put about 6 routes into 2 units (700 packages)

Brown Down

I know the contract has now limited PVD from 11/15-12-26. Which has decreased PVD work which was 11/1-end of yr. I completely understand that Union workers want to keep as much work as they can, but how much stress can a person take to make sure a package gets there, just to keep an employees sanity, safety, and well being?
And that's the tricky part of it. What's the happy medium of keeping drivers happy and healthy
Instead of putting us in a central UPS location, they rent out storage units. We put about 6 routes into 2 units (700 packages)
Which honestly frees up up to 3 truck spots I would say in your building. That's something else a lot of people don't understand. Where are the extra trucks going to come from? We are out of rentals here.

PVDKGFK

And that's the tricky part of it. What's the happy medium of keeping drivers happy and healthy

Which honestly frees up up to 3 truck spots I would say in your building. That's something else a lot of people don't understand. Where are the extra trucks going to come from? We are out of rentals here.
CERTAINLY!!! It only makes sense to free up truck spots that are going to make more stops, and get the job done more efficiently. I feel soooo bad for the guys in our area that are working out of rental trucks that dont have van access like a reg brown. They have to open a back overhead door for every stop from a rental trk...BS

PVDKGFK

My average PVD route is about 100 stops, with about 180 packs....thats no place for PVD in a central location for reg route trucks which have much more

PVDKGFK

No prob, my 23' F350 long bed (focus) has more than enough capacity to handle them. I dont need my oil changed until 10k, but will prob get it done by 7.5k to be safe since im at 6.5 currently, and do rotation at the same time. Pretty sure my suspention is good on a 1 ton truck for a 150lb desk
Would a 150 lb desk make it in this focus?

Attachments

• f350.jpeg
    f350.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

PVDKGFK

Relax, we’re busting your balls.
After all, im still here, my balls havent burst yet...say what you want, i got thick skin. Its only words. I havent gotten dismissed off this forum..yet. Im just asking in question on topic. I dont mean disrespect, but will stand my ground if disrespected..respectfully

Brownsocks

Just a dog
No prob, my 23' F350 long bed (focus) has more than enough capacity to handle them. I dont need my oil changed until 10k, but will prob get it done by 7.5k to be safe since im at 6.5 currently, and do rotation at the same time. Pretty sure my suspention is good on a 1 ton truck for a 150lb desk
Lmao. UPS loves you. BTW, your services are no longer needed. Deuces.