SSD's (PVD's) implemented 6-7 weeks from Christmas. New contract already ignored?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
One of the biggest changes in the new contract is being blatantly ignored just months after passage. Why is this being allowed to proceed?

I have an SSD today while being dispatched less than 8 hours (I will stretch it into 8).

No Solid State Drives in our building until next week per the contract per management. Instead, loops are lopsided as hell with the would-be SSD volume getting dumped on a route and giving the frazzled driver a helper.

542thruNthru

One of the biggest changes in the new contract is being blatantly ignored just months after passage. Why is this being allowed to proceed?

I have an SSD today while being dispatched less than 8 hours (I will stretch it into 8).
They can used SSDs right now. Also if you're on the 9.5 list then the contract is not going to help you retain your overtime. If you're not on the 9.5 list then file for SSDs taking your OT.

Thebrownblob

They can used SSDs right now. Also if you're on the 9.5 list then the contract is not going to help you retain your overtime. If you're not on the 9.5 list then file for SSDs taking your OT.
Yep had to explain this to some drivers today, even though I tried to tell them a couple months ago.

Thebrownblob

I just don't understand the whining. Go enjoy the holiday season with your family. We work hard all year. Enjoy some easy days.
1700109982175.gif

JL 0513

I just don't understand the whining. Go enjoy the holiday season with your family. We work hard all year. Enjoy some easy days.
Peak or not, it's just about following the contract and protecting union work. Company is always going to look for a way to pay someone cheaper.

Not looking for 60 hours but today I carried around 40 stops on car for 6 hours that weren't mine leaving me with 7 hours of work. I made sure to turn it into 8 though.

542thruNthru

Peak or not, it's just about following the contract and protecting union work. Company is always going to look for a way to pay someone cheaper.

Not looking for 60 hours but today I carried around 40 stops on car for 6 hours that weren't mine leaving me with 7 hours of work. I made sure to turn it into 8 though.
You don't have guaranteed 8 hour language?

542thruNthru

Yes, but our DIADs are coded pay actual. So technically you're supposed to ask for your 8 but I'm not going to ask to do some odd task especially when I've just had work taken off my car. So I just drop anchor.
Interesting. My local just passed this out a few weeks back.
IMG_1555.jpg

They can't 05 us unless they ask. Not saying this applies to you. We're you on the 9.5 list?

10:30 resi

Not sure if it’s still the same but we could go take the PVDs work if we were done and wanted more work.
With the new contract, a driver needs to have come off the 9.5 list by Sept 1 in order to have a claim to the work over a seasonal employee. If you weren't on the list Sept 1 or after then it's your work if you want it. If you were on the list all they have to give you is your 8 and you can't use your seniority to get more work