Stimulus Check for retirees

My mom is retired. She earned no income. She only get survivor benefits from the railroad. She hasn’t filed taxes since about 4 years ago. She heard you don’t have to file taxes once you’re retired idk I’m confused. Will she also receive the stimulus check. If so will she need to file her 2009 or 2008 taxes. Thanks you very much

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"People who typically do not file a tax return will need to file a simple tax return to receive an economic impact payment," the IRS's website said. "Low-income taxpayers, senior citizens, Social Security recipients, some veterans and individuals with disabilities who are otherwise not required to file a tax return will not owe tax."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My mom is retired. She earned no income. She only get survivor benefits from the railroad. She hasn’t filed taxes since about 4 years ago. She heard you don’t have to file taxes once you’re retired idk I’m confused. Will she also receive the stimulus check. If so will she need to file her 2009 or 2008 taxes. Thanks you very much
Good news for your mom:

Treasury backs off requirement that Social Security recipients, others take extra step to get $1,200 checks