Stop counts lately.

bham brown

Our stop counts are through the roof right now because of an influx of more Amazon packages than I've ever seen. Just wondering if it's happening everywhere or just around here. It's been crazy. peak season numbers without peak help.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
nothing to do with amazon, Region IE is mandating strict adherence to the PDA, so now where there was some wiggle room with SPC there is zero

if you're 30-40 above normal though that's your dispatcher hating you we aren't that heavy lol

bham brown

SPC are always high. But this is a little different. We're running every driver we have along with sups running routes as well. Even bringing in guys who bid into other jobs to run routes. Also using PTers as helpers. It's way more than we can handle.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
SPC are always high. But this is a little different. We're running every driver we have along with sups running routes as well. Even bringing in guys who bid into other jobs to run routes. Also using PTers as helpers. It's way more than we can handle.
If you're running every driver and sups are on road SPC isn't the issue, it's volume

oldngray

nowhere special
If you're running every driver and sups are on road SPC isn't the issue, it's volume

How is it when you take out routes the ones in have their target stops go up even when they also have more miles?

Could it be that the targets vary based on numbers of routes and not how much work is on each route?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How is it when you take out routes the ones in have their target stops go up even when they also have more miles?

Could it be that the targets vary based on numbers of routes and not how much work is on each route?
I mean, if you take a route out and boost the stop count on another route obviously miles are going to go up.

I just use DPS to figure out how best to shift that work. The average paid day will be affected and you base it off that. Maybe I can take out a D car and 80% of those stops to A-C, sure it will boost miles, but you're also eliminating the miles from that 4th car. Then find someone who is lighter on the baseline to finish up that last 20%.

Not every circumstance will be the same.