Strike 2 in Louisville

sigreq

Sure wish I could just get on here every once in a while and read some posts without you girls fighting constantly... Talk about solidarity

804brown

I know 2 guys that were!! They confirmed that all was silent when asked "All those opposed?"

Im hearing many officials abstained. Most wanted to get back to their locals and go through it thoroughly with their BAs and stewards. ANd those who jumped the gun on the spot knowing that so many of their members would be screwed by the health care tsunami DID NOT DEMONSTRATE LEADERSHIP IN WASHINGTON.

A

anonymous6

you sure learn a lot about people when they are under stress. name calling and what not when you don't agree with them. sure hope I don't have to share a foxhole with some of these people.

tiredofhelping

Sure wish I could just get on here every once in a while and read some posts without you girls fighting constantly... Talk about solidarity

No doubt! Thank you. It's always the same few people bickering back and forth. We're all on the same team here. Right?

stink219

No doubt! Thank you. It's always the same few people bickering back and forth. We're all on the same team here. Right?
Some are not on the same team. 407 and I are on the team of TEAMSTERS.
Some other dissidents follow the rhetoric of a communist defector that refused to pay union dues since 1974.

tiredofhelping

Some other dissidents follow the rhetoric of a communist defector that refused to pay union dues since 1974.

I am a Teamster and like hearing hearing everyone's opinion and perspective on the different issues. I am also an adult, and can have a mature conversation with other adults and even if we disagree on issues, can refrain from insulting the other person with childish bickering or name calling. All it does is take away from the post, and unfortunately brown cafe.

I am a Teamster and like hearing hearing everyone's opinion and perspective on the different issues. I am also an adult, and can have a mature conversation with other adults and even if we disagree on issues, can refrain from insulting the other person with childish bickering or name calling. All it does is take away from the post, and unfortunately brown cafe.
Ill FedEx you a binki!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whaaaaaa!!!Whaaaa!!!!!!!!!!LOL

tiredofhelping

Ill FedEx you a binki!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whaaaaaa!!!Whaaaa!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Refused RTS

804brown

Wow, the obsession with Ken P and TDU. Get over it, tdu had nothing to do with this weak contract. This is Hoffa's baby!!

stink219

My comment was not name calling.

stink219

Wow, the obsession with Ken P and TDU. Get over it, tdu had nothing to do with this weak contract. This is Hoffa's baby!!
They have everything to do with promoting the negativity surrounding this contract. They hate the opposition because Hoffa beat Pope. It's like a battle between democrats and republicans.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
They have everything to do with promoting the negativity surrounding this contract. They hate the opposition because Hoffa beat Pope. It's like a battle between democrats and republicans.

Negativity surrounding this contract........you mean, like pointing out the facts of the TA?
Worse Health Care for most UPSers.
Worse 9.5 language.
Worse Surepost language.
4 year wage progression going FT.
Pay increases lower than cost of living.
You mean that negativity?

stink219

Negativity surrounding this contract........you mean, like pointing out the facts of the TA?
I mean your TDU spin.

Worse Health Care for most UPSers.
Worse than what UPS was willing to charge you to maintain your benefits and still switch your provider?

Worse 9.5 language.
Worse than what? Can you please provide the difference in the regression of language? I've read it many times but the words have not changed. The only changes to the article were improved upon.

Worse Surepost language.
Worse than what? Can you please provide the difference in the regression of language? I've read it many times but the words have not changed. The only changes to the article were improved upon.

4 year wage progression going FT.
This is an excerpt from our NE supplement:
While performing cover for full-time seniority drivers
part-time employees shall receive the applicable package car driver progression rate of pay as provided by Article 41 of the National Master Agreement or his/her part-time wage rate whichever is higher. Part-time employees work- ing as Temporary Cover Drivers shall accumulate progression service time credit which will move them through the progression schedule contained in Article 41. As they reach pay rate anniversaries under the progression schedule they shall receive the appropriate hourly wage rate contained in the schedule or their part-time rate if higher. Upon per- manent transfer from part-time to full-time the company shall recognize the accumulated progression service time under the Article 41 progression schedule and shall place the new full-time employee at the hourly rate provided by the progression schedule based upon their accumulated progression service time or their part-time wage rate if higher. It is understood that accumulated progression ser- vice will only be recognized for wage schedule progression purposes and not for seniority credit on the full-time seniority list.

This sounds like a great thing to me and the 1000 part timers in our building.

Pay increases lower than cost of living.
"Based on the increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-W) from the third quarter of 2011 through the third quarter of 2012, Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries will receive a 1.7% COLA for 2013."
Based upon the information about, if a FTer is making $32.26 per hour, a 1.7% raise would be $0.55 ($0.5484 exactly). Our first raise in wage is $0.70 per hour. $0.15 above what you claim is "worse". I didn't even include the additional $1.00 per hour going into our H&W that you don't see. So apparently, to you, more means "worse"?

You mean that negativity?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks for the help in proving my point!

Delivered

Regardless of the outcome. I can't possible see how either side can say this was a fair vote. I can only imagine the potential legal action that may follow the vote totals.