Strike 2023

UPSER1987

Let me tell you one thing. After strike of 97 it was very slow for a long time. So if you're on the bottom of the list it may be a long time before you come back.
This. Most employees think they are just sticking it to the man, but they’re sticking it to themselves just as hard lol.

Bringing beer to the strike line might seem fun, but most don’t see the bigger picture. Those 2K-3K mortgages aren’t gonna pay themselves lol. And your lender could give a rats ass…

Thebrownblob

This. Most employees think they are just sticking it to the man, but they’re sticking it to themselves just as hard lol.

Bringing beer to the strike line might seem fun, but most don’t see the bigger picture. Those 2K-3K mortgages aren’t gonna pay themselves lol. And your lender could give a rats ass…
3K mortgage ouch

Thebrownblob

Let me tell you one thing. After strike of 97 it was very slow for a long time. So if you're on the bottom of the list it may be a long time before you come back.
Might have been slow for the first couple weeks where I am but sometime around October 1997 I quit my full-time job and started working double shifts every night until I finally went driving, once all the lawsuits we’re finally done with UPS dragging their feet.

UPSER1987

My mortgage is just over $1,000 lol, I can't imagine $3,000!
Someone on this thread mentioned their mortgage was over 3K. A couple paid out vacation checks won’t get ya too far lol.

Oh..and the beer and burger a retiree will offer up. That’s got to count for something lol.

Won’t be a strike anyway y’all.

Thebrownblob

Someone on this thread mentioned their mortgage was over 3K. A couple paid out vacation checks won’t get ya too far lol.

Oh..and the beer and burger a retiree will offer up. That’s got to count for something lol.

I believe you about the 3K hopefully their spouse works as well. I hope you’re right about not striking. I would say this time more than any time in the last 20 years it’s possible.

Rack em

Made the Podium

I hope there won't be a strike, but I'd say it's 50/50 right now.

UPSER1987

I believe you about the 3K hopefully their spouse works as well. I hope you’re right about not striking. I would say this time more than any time in the last 20 years it’s possible.
I don’t see it. Too much to lose on both sides. That volume goes away, it ain’t coming back this time (although it never fully did). This ain’t 97!

PT Car Washer

Might have been slow for the first couple weeks where I am but sometime around October 1997 I quit my full-time job and started working double shifts every night until I finally went driving, once all the lawsuits we’re finally done with UPS dragging their feet.
UPS got rid of the newer PT that supported the strike and double shifted the higher seniority that was lift including red circle PT. They were making more money double shifting than the FT drivers. Most later took the 22.3 jobs that were offered.

Thebrownblob

UPS got rid of the newer PT that supported the strike and double shifted the higher seniority that was lift including red circle PT. They were making more money double shifting than the FT drivers. Most later took the 22.3 jobs that were offered.
Our 22.3 we’re allowed to keep the red Circle pay. But only if they stayed in the exact same job permanently if they bid to a different job they went down to regular 22.3 pay

PT Car Washer

Our 22.3 we’re allowed to keep the red Circle pay. But only if they stayed in the exact same job permanently if they bed to a different job they went down to regular 22.3 pay
Same here but 22.3 gave up their OT after 5 hours for a guaranteed 40 hour week. They didn't care for the unpaid 1.5 hour lunch break. Or longer.