Strike 2023

JL 0513

1997 strike lasted 15 days. I would assume a strike in 2023 wouldn't go much longer. Not even sure why we're talking about financial ruin. If you can't lose 2 paychecks, you need to reassess your life.

That said, I don't want to see a strike. Permanently losing a ton of business can't be good for growing the union.

kforte36

I agree that part timers will probably get the better end of the deal with the next contract. As far as cameras go, they are already here. It’s going to be hard to get rid of them now being that it’s already an established practice. Same with 22.4’s. Honestly, I would be happy with a fair pay bump and leave my damn insurance alone.
Insurance is so important. Better than most peoples' anyway.

PTSandwichMaker

I agree that part timers will probably get the better end of the deal with the next contract. As far as cameras go, they are already here. It’s going to be hard to get rid of them now being that it’s already an established practice. Same with 22.4’s. Honestly, I would be happy with a fair pay bump and leave my damn insurance alone.
One of my concerns is that 22.4 will get the better end and PT shafted again but idk

DSM515

Every employer in the country would love to know where ups can find enough employees to keep the doors open much less have two to do the job of one. The company doesn't have the upper hand here, this place cant run without people and they are barely hanging on as is with staffing.
“Better not bigger” is corporate hyperbole for “ let’s pile on more work to our existing drivers and make Bigger profits”
No way this company can withstand a 2 week strike again and Carol knows it. We will have the public support.
Long work weeks
Very physical and mental job.
Daily harassment.
Working for a very vindictive management that would screw their on mothers over if brown said too.
Trust me a lot of people these days wouldn’t put up with all this crap even for what me make. Fact!