Strike 2023

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This. Most employees think they are just sticking it to the man, but they’re sticking it to themselves just as hard lol.

Bringing beer to the strike line might seem fun, but most don’t see the bigger picture. Those 2K-3K mortgages aren’t gonna pay themselves lol. And your lender could give a rats ass…
Cool story bro
But what does bringing beer to the picket
line have to do with “Those 2K-3-K mortgages”
Stick to running your belt let the adults deal with the hard stuff

Thebrownblob

The whole "PT America doesn't work anymore" was just a PR scheme. After the strike PT got a $.50/hr increase in starting pay. And a longer progression.
Nope not exactly, I got offered a full-time inside job, and a driving job The same day, obviously I went driving. my building there was at least 60 full-time inside jobs created. Quite a few more now.

Thebrownblob

And how long was it before UPS finally did fill the 22.3 jobs? Then the good ones all went to FT drivers and the FT driver jobs were filled by off the street hires.
At my building full-time drivers were not originally allowed to bid 22.3 and the company hired no off the street drivers. Took about a little over two years for the company to lose their arbitration case. That’s not the unions fault the company was dragging their feet.

PT Car Washer

Nope not exactly, I got offered a full-time inside job, and a driving job The same day, obviously I went driving. my building there was at least 60 full-time inside jobs created. Quite a few more now.
Exactly. The FT jobs promised went to off the street hires. That was our punishment for supporting the strike.

PT Car Washer

At my building full-time drivers were not originally allowed to bid 22.3 and the company hired no off the street drivers. Took about a little over two years for the company to lose their arbitration case. That’s not the unions fault the company was dragging their feet.
In my Local FT has first bid on FT jobs. Hired off the street under the 3 to 1 ratio. A lot of them were PT sups.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Is there any rules against running a bikini car wash on the picket line? I mean seriously, these mortgages and credit cards arent going to pay themselves.

Thebrownblob

FT drivers took the best 22.3 jobs and were replaced by off the street hires and PT sups. At the time the company had to hire 3 Union members to every 1 off the street.
Nothing like that here, everyone with seniority close to me went full-time, over the course of about 4 1/2 to 5 months. We have and always have had a strong local.