Strike 2023

DSM515

I just want a fair 3 year contract and a hard warning too UPS too bargain in good faith and keep your management in-line and follow the contract or we will strike on unfair labor practices without warning.

JustDeliverIt

“Better not bigger” is corporate hyperbole for “ let’s pile on more work to our existing drivers and make Bigger profits”
No way this company can withstand a 2 week strike again and Carol knows it. We will have the public support.
Long work weeks
Very physical and mental job.
Daily harassment.
Working for a very vindictive management that would screw their on mothers over if brown said too.
Trust me a lot of people these days wouldn’t put up with all this crap even for what me make. Fact!

Those of us that work here know all of this but John Q. Public doesn’t. They see us walk up with a package, drop it off and leave. They don’t know everything behind what brought it to their door.

clean hairy

Is there any rules against running a bikini car wash on the picket line? I mean seriously, these mortgages and credit cards arent going to pay themselves.
I just cannot imagine a bunch of overweight feeder drivers wearing bikinis!
But, of we have physically fit musular guys doing the car was wearing speedos, the wimmen might have the tip jars over flowing!

UPSER1987

“Better not bigger” is corporate hyperbole for “ let’s pile on more work to our existing drivers and make Bigger profits”
No way this company can withstand a 2 week strike again and Carol knows it. We will have the public support.
Long work weeks
Daily harassment.
Working for a very vindictive management that would screw their on mothers over if brown said too.
Trust me a lot of people these days wouldn’t put up with all this crap even for what me make. Fact!
That’s a long list.

You should quit since you aren’t forced to work here.

Cowboy Mac

Long work weeks
Daily harassment.
I don’t know if we would have the public support today. The “I want it now!” mindset is much more prevalent today than it was in ‘97.

vvv

STRIKE SOON BOYS
🧔‍♂️✊
I've had plenty of practice for this big moment to come, as I've barely worked at all this year.
Practicing for retirement or practicing for the STRIKE.....call it what you want. I'm just coasting n gliding along in a holding pattern and watching the cookie crumble.

I've had plenty of practice for this big moment to come, as I've barely worked at all this year.
Practicing for retirement or practicing for the STRIKE.....call it what you want. I'm just coasting n gliding along in a holding pattern and watching the cookie crumble.
Honestly I think management has some concern about a strike. My center manager has asked me my opinion about it a few times.

Thebrownblob

Honestly I think management has some concern about a strike. My center manager has asked me my opinion about it a few times.
They are also concerned for their jobs. My Center Manager had an epiphany yesterday. We recently got the new cameras and he said he doesn’t envision The company needing as many management people to run centers anymore….

They are also concerned for their jobs. My Center Manager had an epiphany yesterday. We recently got the new cameras and he said he doesn’t envision The company needing as many management people to run centers anymore….
Want to ask me if we went on strike did you retire then? I said no I'd go on strike and then when we come back I put in my papers and we'll leave on Black Friday. LoL.

They've already cut back on management we some have part-time OC sups.

Thebrownblob

Want to ask me if we went on strike did you retire then? I said no I'd go on strike and then when we come back I put in my papers and we'll leave on Black Friday. LoL.

They've already cut back on management we some have part-time OC sups.
We just started getting them as well, at first the full-time sups thought it was a good idea now I think they believe they are being replaced.

Thebrownblob

The company's goal is to replace as many jobs as possible with technology.
That is correct they thought the cameras would be a way to monitor us, and it is to an extent, but it was really a way to eliminate more middle management. Don’t really need as many full-time managers that do nothing but paperwork and observations.

Thebrownblob

1655561066733.jpeg

Your fired!

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
They will honor our picket lines.. the pilots are more hard core Union than the average UPS union employee...

I don’t know the details about their tentative agreement... these pilots are pretty much well off they will not risk being labeled as a strike breaker, that would end their careers.

Also pretty sure there is wording in their contract about honoring everybody’s picket line, similar to ours.

I believe they could not strike..under some other federal labor agreement that prevents a labor stoppage.

Pilot unions are hardcore, Those guys most likely wont fly. Scabs and line crossers are not looked upon kindly in that community. LOL years back a southwest CBA actually named individual scabs to be fired as a condition of the agreement, even ones that scabbed at a different airline years earlier.