Strike 2023

PT Car Washer

I have voted on every contract since I started as a PTer, never going to be an issue for me. And with every contract negotiations we seem to have more leverage and we end up with crap like this last one. That’s why I’m hopeful with new leadership negotiating this contract.
I agree and the same reason I believe we will end up with more concessions. Especially an expansion of the two tier delivery driver classification. How many FT Union members are going to strike so someone that isn't even employed can have a better deal than they had?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Carol is against upgrading equipment. She made that well known when she came in. That was the entire idea behind better not bigger.

Company making record profits is fine. What isn’t fine is company profits increasing 50%. Dividends increasing 50% and employee compensation increasing 2%.

She is not interested in the future of the company. Just squeezing as much juice out of the old behemoth as possible.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Company will just automate more taking away more jobs......be careful what you wish for.
Companies have always found a way around the unions trying to get too much.
Look what UPS did about 15-20 years ago. It was cost effective to work 2 drivers 60 hours a week rather than hire 3 drivers for 40 hours.
A district manager told me this when I told her we were all maxed out in hours week after week. That is why I bid a 11 hour feeder run rather than the 8-9 hour feeder runs. I had a Sac turn out of Sparks, NV which is about 8-8.5 hour run in good weather and when I got back to Sparks they would "direct" me to go to the airport or make trailer exchanges at CPU accounts. I ended up working 10-11 hours a day anyway. I didnt like the worry about what I would have to do when I got back. Hardly ever had a 8.5 hour day.

I didnt have enough seniority to have them go down the list so was forced to work.
So just took longer runs so I would have no time to do anything else. So I knew what my night would be like.

FUH

Thebrownblob

Companies have always found a way around the unions trying to get too much.
Look what UPS did about 15-20 years ago. It was cost effective to work 2 drivers 60 hours a week rather than hire 3 drivers for 40 hours.
A district manager told me this when I told her we were all maxed out in hours week after week. That is why I bid a 11 hour feeder run rather than the 8-9 hour feeder runs. I had a Sac turn out of Sparks, NV which is about 8-8.5 hour run in good weather and when I got back to Sparks they would "direct" me to go to the airport or make trailer exchanges at CPU accounts. I ended up working 10-11 hours a day anyway. I didnt like the worry about what I would have to do when I got back. Hardly ever had a 8.5 hour day.

I didnt have enough seniority to have them go down the list so was forced to work.
So just took longer runs so I would have no time to do anything else. So I knew what my night would be like.

FUH
So you made more money? I only know a handful of feeder drivers who only want eight hours. And we have a board of close to 600. That UPS is really getting over on the feeder drivers aren’t they?

Zowert

I want $45/hr off the bat, health insurance left alone and a pension increase. Drop the 22.4 language and return to M-Fri/T-Sat RPCD schedules or I vote no. Part timers, I would settle for nothing less than a $4/hr raise. UPS and it’s shareholders have been profiting off our backs during a PANDEMIC. We settled for less last contract, simply because voter turnout was atrocious. So VOTE!

Oh and I want an official apology from UPS for thanking the police in Florida after killing Frank.

I want $45/hr off the bat, health insurance left alone and a pension increase. Drop the 22.4 language and return to M-Fri/T-Sat RPCD schedules or I vote no. Part timers, I would settle for nothing less than a $4/hr raise. UPS and it’s shareholders have been profiting off our backs during a PANDEMIC. We settled for less last contract, simply because voter turnout was atrocious. So VOTE!

Oh and I want an official apology from UPS for thanking the police in Florida after killing Frank.
Voter turnout does not matter this time

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Not sure if this is possible but a COLA raise in pension would be aces. My social security goes up every year and they are expecting a $200 increase in 2023. Before you know it SS check will surpass the pension which is fixed.

Not sure if this is possible but a COLA raise in pension would be aces. My social security goes up every year and they are expecting a $200 increase in 2023. Before you know it SS check will surpass the pension which is fixed.
There I can give anything to retired people they cannot vote
But they may raise the pension payout to get rid of some of the current employees