Strike 2023

I am really hoping for a change with the O’Brien administration..the previous administration lowered the bar so much that any improvements will look good.

Sean is in a good place, supposedly the Hoffa red shirts are retired, gone or turned, he has no opposition to muddle up things. The Nation is rediscovering the need of collective bargaining, people are getting sick and tire of the elites on both sides.

The only time that I go down to the hall is proposal time and discuss the tentative agreements. I did attend in my younger days and tried to listen as the older wiser members talked Union Greek, it was like going to a old Latin Mass service. Still remember smelling like a chimney pipe when I left, hell of a lot smoking back in the day.

Seriously why go down to the hall when all you have to do is go on B/C...you don’t have to second anything or be good at public speaking...
You still need to get people engaged.

But maybe that's not the way of the future anymore everything's virtual

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Since it was brought up...

Got a issue the way locals are not recognizing the recent retirees.. the Company does something like a cake 🎂 and some recognition.

Recently we had a 35 year part time member of good standing retire, the Company and his co workers were there but no Union representative present at his going away get together. Maybe no one told our local about his retirement, but it still doesn’t sit well with me. Can we expect our new leadership to start displaying to our retirees some loyalty to their many years of membership. At least show up and wish the members a good retirement.

The members are watching and expect the membership to be treated better than being a monthly dues payer, nothing more.
I retired in January of 2021 with almost 36 years and all of my local officers came to my last day. Management sat upstairs and at start time came down and acted like they were surprised i was retiring. It was absolutely hysterical, i loved it! I hated management and they hated me and i was more than fine with not having to exchange fake pleasantries.

I retired in January of 2021 with almost 36 years and all of my local officers came to my last day. Management sat upstairs and at start time came down and acted like they were surprised i was retiring. It was absolutely hysterical, i loved it! I hated management and they hated me and i was more than fine with not having to exchange fake pleasantries.
I'm surprised they wasn't upset that their favorite runner was retiring.

542thruNthru

Ours always come when they are give notice of someone retiring. Granted you can't just tell them the day before "Hey Joe Bob is retiring tomorrow morning can you guys come by?."

My local also give retirees a watch or a jacket. Which ever they choose.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ours always come when they are give notice of someone retiring. Granted you can't just tell them the day before "Hey Joe Bob is retiring tomorrow morning can you guys come by?."

Should be a Rolex...with your pension plan returns..👍

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

IMG_8314.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I was a member for 34 years just found out the union has pins for milestone years
Never heard a word about them

Box Ox

Should be a Rolex...with your pension plan returns..👍
It is a Rolex. Just ask @Box Ox ;)

It's true. Rolexes are actually considered to be a pretty cheapskate retiree gift in 542 given what they're used to there. Just watch the eye-rolling start the second the box for that locally-considered party favor of a gift is pulled out for presentation. You might as well be gifting a coupon for a combo meal of the retiree's choice at Taco Bell.

rl.jpeg

=

tbc.png

542thruNthru

I was a member for 34 years just found out the union has pins for milestone years
Never heard a word about them
Did you go to meeting? We have them also and I have to admit it's not a well known thing but if you go to meetings and they find out you hit a milestone they'll get you one.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's true. Rolexes are actually considered to be a pretty cheapskate retiree gift in 542 given what they're used to there. Just watch the eye-rolling start the second the box for that locally-considered party favor of a gift is pulled out for presentation. You might as well be gifting a coupon for a combo meal of the retiree's choice at Taco Bell.

View attachment 390427

=

View attachment 390428

I heard they gift out skee ball machines down there.

35years

Gravy route
Not sure if this is possible but a COLA raise in pension would be aces. My social security goes up every year and they are expecting a $200 increase in 2023. Before you know it SS check will surpass the pension which is fixed.
They won't give retired people the cost if living pension increase. What is being discussed is only for future retirees.

Also find it funny someone in the West wants MORE from thier pension. We get 1/2 what the West gets and UPS contributes 3x as much per driver to that pension.

Last edited: