Strike 2023

DOK

I fully support a strike in 2023. Both union and non-union employees where I come from feel like they have been worked like dogs the last three years and we’re tired of it. Meanwhile, the condition of our delivery vehicles, our facility and the technology that UPS pushes on us is disgraceful. The price of our stock is no indication of what is really going on at UPS and the moral of its dedicated employees.
Must vary by location, we got a bunch of new trucks the past 2 years, more than half the fleet, and they are pretty nice to deliver out of. Our dispatches have never been lower.

allahuakbar

She/Her
This contract is literally gonna be a part timer raise and slight bump with package. The cameras are gonna be installed in the package cars the following week and discussed the next contract.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

So strike no matter what? You don't care what's on the table? Just want to teach UPS a lesson?
You can go back every five years and find the same bs each time. Good luck finding a job anywhere that pays what we get paid and gets the benefits we get for the level of skill this job requires. We would be universally hated if we went on strike and people found out what we make alone. This isn’t 1997. There’s no more worker solidarity. People want their cheap crap and they want their cheap crap now and if you get in the way of that cheap crap they will tear your ass apart. FedEx and Amazon will suck up every last crumb of business like it’s nothing.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
This contract is literally gonna be a part timer raise and slight bump with package. The cameras are gonna be installed in the package cars the following week and discussed the next contract.
I agree that part timers will probably get the better end of the deal with the next contract. As far as cameras go, they are already here. It’s going to be hard to get rid of them now being that it’s already an established practice. Same with 22.4’s. Honestly, I would be happy with a fair pay bump and leave my damn insurance alone.

The company must increase starting PT wages just to stay in business. At least to $20/hr along with annual contractual raises.

rod

Retired 22 years
You can go back every five years and find the same bs each time. Good luck finding a job anywhere that pays what we get paid and gets the benefits we get for the level of skill this job requires. We would be universally hated if we went on strike and people found out what we make alone. This isn’t 1997. There’s no more worker solidarity. People want their cheap crap and they want their cheap crap now and if you get in the way of that cheap crap they will tear your ass apart. FedEx and Amazon will suck up every last crumb of business like it’s nothing.
Well there is a definite yes vote no matter what they take away from you. "Sissy" fits you good.

I agree that part timers will probably get the better end of the deal with the next contract. As far as cameras go, they are already here. It’s going to be hard to get rid of them now being that it’s already an established practice. Same with 22.4’s. Honestly, I would be happy with a fair pay bump and leave my damn insurance alone.
Just what the company hopes for also. I also see an expansion of the 22.4 language.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Well there is a definite yes vote no matter what they take away from you. "Sissy" fits you good.
I don’t plan on voting. Our representation in the union goes as far as whether or not it suits their wants. They wanted that contract to pass and they signed off on it anyway when a majority said no.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
You're well compensated for your time.
Public will not support a strike this time.

good luck.
Who needs public support? The difference between 1997 and 2023 is a pile of $200 stock that will plummet with a strike. Wall St. calls the shots this time. No worker is asking for alot, just keep up with inflation and improve the terrible work environment. Maybe that's too much to ask for.