Strike Fund

What'dyabringmetoday???

How's that ?

There is no chance they could replace their entire workforce and continue operating.
No they won't replace entire workforce. But they have feeders pretty well covered with Coyote and whatever scabs the union has allowed to steal our work for the last several years. And while the PAL system on preload isn't perfect it certainly has made it easier to replace current loaders. Delivery is obviously the most difficult part but they have certainly been allowed to scab that out the last several years. Not saying UPS will "beat" your amazing union, but at least they have been preparing. Less than a year out we are hearing from the great union we should save a little money. Lol.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
No they won't replace entire workforce. But they have feeders pretty well covered with Coyote and whatever scabs the union has allowed to steal our work for the last several years. And while the PAL system on preload isn't perfect it certainly has made it easier to replace current loaders. Delivery is obviously the most difficult part but they have certainly been allowed to scab that out the last several years. Not saying UPS will "beat" your amazing union, but at least they have been preparing. Less than a year out we are hearing from the great union we should save a little money. Lol.

It will be the Company’s decision if they are willing to have a strike or lock out...I personally do not see any major conflicts with this 2023 Contract.. 22.4’s easy solution... subcontracting easy solution....starting wages and raises with COLA in place easy solution. O’Brien is really not asking for much..just trying to get rid of previous concessionary language...

The facts are there.. this Company continues to profit... their stock value had almost doubled since this pandemic, the stockholders are happy at the way it is going...why act stupid now?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A lot of good posts in this thread! Also, what is going on with the one-year campaign? The last time I heard from the teamsters it was for the survey. What is their plan for December?
They are sorting through the hundreds of thousands of proposals submitted last month.

....stay tuned, it's coming, I promise.

RoswellHub

I actually talked to Killmury about the 97 strike fund. She was a VP to Ron Carey at the time.

She told me they lied to them about how much money was in the strike fund back then. I do believe the strike fund is fully funded at this point though.

I actually talked to Killmury about the 97 strike fund. She was a VP to Ron Carey at the time.

She told me they lied to them about how much money was in the strike fund back then. I do believe the strike fund is fully funded at this point though.
But many things are the same as 1997
Many members have a good reason to be upset

Especially the part-timers and the 22.4 drivers

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

No you are right on that!

I was just stating back in 97 the strike fund was close to non existent

It might of been one of the reasons the Company made a grab for our pensions back in “97”. I recall during the “93” talks they initially try to do the same thing...at that time the Central was only paying about 1,500 for a 30 year pension.

I am pretty sure the International raised our Union dues back in 2008 in order to provide additional funding into their strike funds.