Strike in August, what say you?

twoweeled

And target, Costco, amazon, Walmart.... and on and on... will NEVER come back to ups....they know that too...
I believe that. Look at how long our contract are for, and how long they are all safe. They will all go with whoever has the best deal for them. Bottom line!!

F

Frankie's Friend

Remember the good days when Mr. Casey ran the show.
Im not that old but i remember when honesty and integrity meant something to even (some) local management. People on both sides were fired for lying and falsification. Quickly.
20 yrs of stock greed flushed that down the brown toilet.

F

Frankie's Friend

just my opinion. odds are fair both sides have a fair idea how this contract is going to end already. They are just trying to figure out what's the least we'll take. They'll float Bologna to us along the way to get us going. Then near the last minute we'll find out we're getting screwed again, but not as bad as we thought. Thanks to the Bologna they were feeding us along the way. Our Union leaders has been using the same playbook for awhile too.
20 yrs

twoweeled

Many small businesses wont either. Thats where the true profit margins lie.
If UPS gives them a good enough deal, they'll come back. No doubt!! These contracts are too long. The account executives are constantly having to hold on to account we have. There is always a price war going on that we don't' know about.

twoweeled

The ones who are passionate about it will vote and vote that bitch down... Hoffa better come up with. Something good because if he fks this up you can almost bank on Sean O’Brien having a cakewalk in the next election for general president... hall will be fkd... and won’t have a chance in hell!!
Hoffa isn't worried. He's got his. But we cut our own throats, and we'll probably do it again.

twoweeled

39k plus paid benefits is a good amount for the work we do. College costs money so you also didn't factor that in. I'm not top rate yet. (25hr) which nets me around 45k a year. I don't think I deserve anymore. I make more than all of my friends who have master's masters degrees, engineering degrees, and nursing degrees. There is wage progression in every industry.
Of course I haven't read all your post, but I'm guessing you've been driving for less than 10-12 years? I'm also guessing with time, you'll change your mind about things. I don't think your looking down the road far enough.

twoweeled

It's not just about money. People are sick of the treatment we have to deal with. Everyone likes to throw around how much we make and how we should just deal with it. Fine then next time I see our DM I'll be sure to call him a lazy POS. I mean he makes good money so he should just except it right? No and neither should we.

We have a right to collective bargaining. If people feel we are not paid enough or not treated fair then they have the right to demand more. I'm not going to sit here and call them bitches because of it.
There is one pie. There is a constant fight for more of that pie. If we don't fight for our piece, I think it's common sense what will eventually happen.

twoweeled

I agree completely about how we are treated. But that doesn't necessarily warrant a strike. And wages in certain states should reflect the cost of living more clearly I agree with that. But if you live in an area where you pay 700 in rent and your col and I hear you bitching about wages imo you are a bitch. I'm not against Unions and I'm not against standing for workers rights. But I'm sure everyone can agree a line can be crossed.....when all you hear is gimme gimme gimme it makes you wonder what will be enough.

F

Frankie's Friend

If UPS gives them a good enough deal, they'll come back. No doubt!! These contracts are too long. The account executives are constantly having to hold on to account we have. There is always a price war going on that we don't' know about.
Very optimistic. Not guaranteed and our loyal customer/friends will probably be done with it. Businesses have cut personnel in every dept including ship/recvng and they will take the path of least resistance. Nothing is guaranteed except animosity if we strike because the customers feel that we struck them too.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Prior to your new boards being preloaded and leading you around the route, I would have agreed with you. They can replace feeder, but package is another story. But those boards have made it a lot easier for them. That wasn't for your benefit, that's for darn sure.

There is no way in hell that someone can follow the information downloaded into my diad. The information was flawed from the get go. I am continually jumping around all over in Orion and the EDD trace is not any better.

twoweeled

I agree completely about how we are treated. But that doesn't necessarily warrant a strike. And wages in certain states should reflect the cost of living more clearly I agree with that. But if you live in an area where you pay 700 in rent and your col and I hear you bitching about wages imo you are a bitch. I'm not against Unions and I'm not against standing for workers rights. But I'm sure everyone can agree a line can be crossed.....when all you hear is gimme gimme gimme it makes you wonder what will be enough.

1. If you've tried to get better treatment and the company refuses to actually abide by previous agreements to treat it's employees better. How do you suggest employees push the company to do so?
2. Who exactly do you hear conveying; gimme gimme gimme? Employees or management? With the company raising rates on customers, trying to hold down raises and pushing tighter and tighter time allowances with heavier and bigger packages - I hear management yelling gimme gimme gimme!
Who do you hear?

twoweeled

There is no way in hell that someone can follow the information downloaded into my diad. The information was flawed from the get go. I am continually jumping around all over in Orion and the EDD trace is not any better.

I was around before Orion. Hopefully you were too. do you think it would be easier with Orion or without, for a totally new person??

twoweeled

Very optimistic. Not guaranteed and our loyal customer/friends will probably be done with it. Businesses have cut personnel in every dept including ship/recvng and they will take the path of least resistance. Nothing is guaranteed except animosity if we strike because the customers feel that we struck them too.
I'm not saying, it's guaranteed. I'm just saying, business go with the cheapest rates along with dependable service. They would be locked in for seven years with no issues and a cheaper rate, with our dependability? I think they'll be back. The same thing was said in 97, and it looks like UPS survived it.

twoweeled

heres a thought......what part of the profit does the American part of ups contribute ? how much ? percentage ?...international company...at some point the American part of the company may become a burden and be dropped...then what happens ?...fedex and amazon hiring Teamsters ?....i dont know and wont bet on it
Yeah, well don't bet too much money on UPS throwing away it's US operations. Odds are on the slim side.

twoweeled

They already test drivers in my hub on automatics. Did the same with me and a few other guys haven’t seen any newer trucks though.
I remember when I first started package. I was told: driving the package car is going to be the least of your problems".
Truer words, were never spoken! LMAO!!

twoweeled

I dunno what the point of the road test would be then. Just make sure somebody isn't blind as a bat?

"OK, Bob. Let's take this automatic truck for a spin around the block and see how ya do!" LOL
If you don't hit the gate on the way, "you got the job"!!

twoweeled

Im not that old but i remember when honesty and integrity meant something to even (some) local management. People on both sides were fired for lying and falsification. Quickly.
20 yrs of stock greed flushed that down the brown toilet.
So True! Integrity is out the window at UPS. I also remember when management would do one of their own in, if he was lying. Management really didn't lie much way back then. Lying is accepted and almost endorsed now. It's a matter of, do what ever you have to do, to get those numbers!!
Day and night now.

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm not saying, it's guaranteed. I'm just saying, business go with the cheapest rates along with dependable service. They would be locked in for seven years with no issues and a cheaper rate, with our dependability? I think they'll be back. The same thing was said in 97, and it looks like UPS survived it.
Uh, there was not Fedx Ground yet in 97 dude. Two "strikes" and youre out of the game not 3. I believe in optimism but not in this matter.