Strike in August, what say you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't put to much stock in what you are "hearing".

Even TDU, isn't reporting on anything that isn't already a month old.

The UPS/IBT plan for the Central States members is 98% funded.

As for other plans.... I don't see how that would happen for members still

in multi-employer plans.

-Bug-

The only way to save those of us in multi-employer plans is to buy us out.

A strike would not benefit me or my family. If there were a strike, I would be forced into management to retain my employment.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thats what im saying dude. All this $ paid in dues and the ibt cant/wont eben try to enforce or even define surepost violations thst are black n white issues. Weak buddy system.
Surepost has been abused well beyond its intended use... the ibt has no idea the amounts of pkgs being brought to the post office every day...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Or that there would be an opening after a strike. Should I start looking at fedex? Because a no vote will end my employment. On the plus side, I am in a multi employer plan.
Aren’t you in the western conference plan??? We both should feel fortunate to be in it....it’s solid...

ski or die

Ski or Die
Probably not. He has been gone for a while. You'd have to have like 35+ years of seniority to remember that
Started in 68. Been retired 20 years this June. His positions on the way company should be run was still being implemented. He also was in favor of the employees being in a union.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Surepost has been abused well beyond its intended use... the ibt has no idea the amounts of pkgs being brought to the post office every day...
On light days we would raid the surepost and "misload" a few pieces for 2 people that wanted them. I am not sure what I got myself into doing it but the proximity of some pieces from stops loaded for a day are ridiculously close. 2 Stops on the same street corner got split UPS/Post office today.

rod

Retired 22 years
Started in 68. Been retired 20 years this June. His positions on the way company should be run was still being implemented. He also was in favor of the employees being in a union.

SEE--I tried telling all of you that I wasn't the oldest or I've been retired the longest but OH NO---anytime age comes up its always Rod