Strike in August, what say you?

OrionsBitch

Not...
Transfer...at the bottom of seniority

The people that don’t work again don’t get any benefits. Therefore everyone is not feeling the same pain. Going into mgmt. (which I highly doubt I would do) would be after a strike if there is no chance of working again.

What would you do if 15-20 drivers above you are all laid off for months, maybe years?
No strike is going to last year's or months.....one day off costs the company millions of dollars. E-commerce is too crucial to society today....I bet the strike wouldn't last more than 1 week if that

No strike is going to last year's or months.....one day off costs the company millions of dollars. E-commerce is too crucial to society today....I bet the strike wouldn't last more than 1 week if that
But the repercussions can (and has) last for years or decades.

bbsam

Staff member
It’s unbelievable how busy we’ve been the last few weeks. A local UPS contact said they’re down 18%.

I have no idea how much of it will go flooding back to UPS once the threat of a strike ends but I do know X is interested in giving those customers a reason to stay. The longer the uncertainty, the longer the opportunity.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It’s unbelievable how busy we’ve been the last few weeks. A local UPS contact said they’re down 18%.

I have no idea how much of it will go flooding back to UPS once the threat of a strike ends but I do know X is interested in giving those customers a reason to stay. The longer the uncertainty, the longer the opportunity.

Service?

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Does anybody know if the pilots are going to back us IF we have to strike?