Strike talk reaching mainstream media

JL 0513

I wonder how the public will react to this?

Existing full-time drivers now earn an average of $36 an hour, or roughly $75,000 a year.

Good thing the public isn't seeing that most driver's average closer to $95,000 not counting a good health plan and pension. Even so, I don't think the public will be on the workers side this time. Since '97, the average worker has only seen a decrease in benefits and even pay when inflation is considered. Plus Saturdays and Sundays being common work days for them. They're going to look at us and laugh.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Good thing the public isn't seeing that most driver's average closer to $95,000 not counting a good health plan and pension. Even so, I don't think the public will be on the workers side this time. Since '97, the average worker has only seen a decrease in benefits and even pay when inflation is considered. Plus Saturdays and Sundays being common work days for them. They're going to look at us and laugh.

The only thing the public is worried about is getting their 60 pound bag of dog food so little Lassie can eat because said owners are too lazy to go the store to buy said dog food.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most people know how hard ups drivers work and see them out late... then there’s Christmas.... I think we would get more support than you think... company thought the same thing in 97 and they were sadly mistaken...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Not sure why ups wants Sunday so bad. They dont have the workforce for it nor will they find the workforce for it.

UPS1982

Not sure why ups wants Sunday so bad. They dont have the workforce for it nor will they find the workforce for it.
UPS doesn't want Sunday delivery, they want the option in case the competition starts offering it. If FedEx went to all our shippers and said we will deliver on Sunday if you give us all your volume, UPS has to be able to counter. If the contract doesn't allow UPS the flexibility, we cannot compete.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS doesn't want Sunday delivery, they want the option in case the competition starts offering it. If FedEx went to all are shippers and said we will deliver on Sunday if you give us all your volume, UPS has to be able to counter. If the contract doesn't allow UPS the flexibility, we cannot compete.
I understand that, however they wont and can't get the workforce for Sunday. What they want is Sunday delivery for peak. That' the main reason