Strike talk reaching mainstream media

Heavy Package

Most people know how hard ups drivers work and see them out late... then there’s Christmas.... I think we would get more support than you think... company thought the same thing in 97 and they were sadly mistaken...

I get more respect from the random resi people offering me water, etc. than I ever get from anyone in management. Most people are indifferent to what we do but they know UPS works us hard and that they wouldn't (couldn't) do the job.

Heavy Package

don’t strike please it’s going to be hot this summer

I heard Management has started training for summer delivery....

piscine-gros-fail.gif

35years

Gravy route
What?! They get HOW MUCH?! To drive a truck around!?!
Didn't work in 1997, and will not now.

The Union calls the strike. They tell the press why. They will not say it is about wages (except for part timers).

The press is sympathetic to workers not big corporations. They will sell the Union argument just like in 97.

Last edited:

dudebro

CNBC reported the reason for the consternation by the union is due to 'adding Sunday as a delivery day.' What a bunch of clowns. Like that's the only reason. Just another incidence of people on the outside that don't get it.

We're going to need a big national campaign or something that goes viral on social media that explains why we're nearing the possibility of a work stoppage.

I've never known how wrong news sites get a topic until I saw them reporting on stuff I knew the truth about. Then I realized ALL of their stories must be WAY off...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The press is sympathetic to workers not big corporations. They will sell the Union argument just like in 97.
Fox news was in it's infancy in 97'. There was no Breitbart or Blaze or any of the other anti union conservative bowels of the internet sites.

Every spoiled housewife and stay at home dad wasn't on Twitter complaining their diapers didn't get to their front door on time.

I'm really not confident in the union's ability to handle a pro-worker media campaign in this political environment.

F

Frankie's Friend

Didn't work in 1997, and will not now.

The Union calls the strike. They tell the press why. They will not say it is about wages (except for part timers).

Yeah dude...
Except the Wall St Journal.

brown_trousers

I'm really not confident in the union's ability to handle a pro-worker media campaign in this political environment.

No one is on our side. President Trump would love nothing more than to destroy unions. And our previous president, Obama, wouldnt even lift a finger to help unions. We are in this alone.... from a political standpoint