Strike talk reaching mainstream media

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Not only do I want retro turkeys, I want my retro candy canes and calendars that came with it! Back in the day we not only got those things, but we also got a Thanksgiving dinner and a Christmas bonus. Now we are lucky to get a calendar or cake for Founder's Day.
Take your candy canes and calendars and shove em where the sun don’t shine. Same with your cake. Christmas bonus ? We’re you in management?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I remember my supervisor would deliver all the extra turkeys to the less fortunate in Louisville. I remember him asking me to help him pass them out. He secured a refridgerated box truck and needed the help but I declined. I regret not helping him out. Though he hasn't been my supervisor in over 20+ years, he is a hell of a guy. I still see him every now and then. Supes were so freaking cool back then, full time supes included. I have been fortunate to work for some really good guys.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Take your candy canes and calendars and shove em where the sun don’t shine. Same with your cake. Christmas bonus ? We’re you in management?
Hell no dude! Put down that drink my man! Those were MUCH different days back then. I haven't done what you do and vice versa. My point is that OUR company was a MUCH better place to work at back then. At least from my end it was. Now it's all about promoting turds who have no idea how to do the job. Again, I don't do what you do.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hell no dude! Put down that drink my man! Those were MUCH different days back then. I haven't done what you do and vice versa. My point is that OUR company was a MUCH better place to work at back then. At least from my end it was. Now it's all about promoting turds who have no idea how to do the job. Again, I don't do what you do.
What do you “do”?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Here at Worldport, the ramp is where it's at but I have an enormous respect for those that have been there as long or longer than myself no matter the job classification.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Outside of having to work the sort when I went full time in '02, I have been a ramp worker. Third shift the whole 30 years. I really like my job but as the years go by I find myself CONSTANTLY tuning out these ridiculous young minnow turds that think they know more than I do.
Yeah buddy!! Been there.did that shift for several years. Congrats to you sir.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Yeah buddy!! Been there.did that shift for several years. Congrats to you sir.
It's all good man! I know this is pretty much a drivers forum but I like for folks to see the other side. We get screwed as much or more as you guys and we work really hard but not as hard as those youngsters that work in the hub. I have double shifted quite often in the hub. That's freaking hard ass work man.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's all good man! I know this is pretty much a drivers forum but I like for folks to see the other side. We get screwed as much or more as you guys and we work really hard but not as hard as those youngsters that work in the hub. I have double shifted quite often in the hub. That's freaking hard ass work man.
Yes it is sir. Yes it is.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Just had someone drive up to me and ask if we're really going on strike in August. I said we might, we're all just about done with 12-14 hour days and harassment. He said well you guys work really hard. I saw you here working at 10 at night during Christmas. I support you guys.
I feel like for every person that supports us on that , there's another that just sees how much we make.

Had a guy ask yesterday "why would u strike with how much you make?"

Most could never do the job. They just see the $$$.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I went to work for Fedex in Louisville during the 97 strike. Had to pay the bills ya know. After 2 days, myself and my two other UPS buddies walked out because they treated us like absolute dog crap. I can't tell you how much I wanted to kick that Fedex supervisors ass back then. We walked out together. My buddy, God rest his soul, had some choice words for that guy. I will never forget that. I couldn't live on $52 a week

So you didn’t know a strike was a possibility?

Sounds like you didn’t prepare and want to blame somebody else

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
does worldport use any outside contractors on the ramp or are they all ups employees???
No contractors in the ramp or hub. I use to see a cleaning service vehicle parked over at AMDC which is the aircraft parts wharehouse, but haven't in a while. That's good because that is how I had to go full time. It was a hub/housekeeping combo job.

happyman2018

Let the security guards ups has now try that :censored2: in any building where they are employed....either the guards are too old and would have a heart attack or the young Millennial kids would be too busy on their phones to notice there was a strike going on...
Go get them tough guy. Is your name really Leroy Brown?