Strike Vote

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Why are we doing an in person strike vote? Especially with such short notice. This seems very uncoordinated to me.

I thought the goal was to get more participation this time.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture here.
Bc they probably don’t think a lot of people will vote. This way you are in their face and most will use the convenience of it to vote. At least that’s what I think

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The planning a lone will take all this week in my opinion. Finding the volunteers and observers. Setting up locations and notifying everyone. Let's not forget the locals like 104 in AZ that have the whole state. Not only that but the fact that the app is how most local found out there would even be a strike vote. I know my local is scrambling to get everything prepared and looking for stewards to be pulled out all while dealing with a strike that's happening right now.

Again, seems like piss poor planning.

Like most everything the Teamsters try to do

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1686087006108.png

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Bc they probably don’t think a lot of people will vote. This way you are in their face and most will use the convenience of it to vote. At least that’s what I think

Less than 20 percent bothered to turn one in back in 2018. It would be a big waste of money to have them mailed in, everyone knows they are going to get it passed.

Smart decision to go to the buildings and get the younger members involved.

R1wonder

Shouldn’t be too tough , each business agent stands outside while shifts come and go , get guys to sign , and done . Give these lazy mother friend ers a number to call or site to do it on and they’ll toss it and forget prob

542thruNthru

Shouldn’t be too tough , each business agent stands outside while shifts come and go , get guys to sign , and done . Give these lazy mother friend ers a number to call or site to do it on and they’ll toss it and forget prob
It doesn't work that way. You need a voting committee, allow for observers and also it's not as simple as mark an X under yes or no under your name. You have to have a ballot box that will need to be inspected and kept secure. An area where members can mark their ballots in secret.

Everyone thinks the BA just shows up with a clip board or something.

It doesn't work that way. You need a voting committee, allow for observers and also it's not as simple as mark an X under yes or no under your name. You have to have a ballot box that will need to be inspected and kept secure. An area where members can mark their ballots in secret.

They also have to have witnesses

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Sounds like they will be at the gates getting votes

Thebrownblob

Correct it needs to be a secret ballot.

Thebrownblob

I received a current seniority list for each shift with a simple "yes" and "no" box and a place for employees initials and my initials. 2 witness signature lines on the bottom of each page. I guess I just got the answer as to who's conducting the vote.
I’m not certain how it could be secret if you have a simple yes or no box with initials next to it?