Strike Vulnerable to Political and Media Pressure

Dangler

Banned
It seems like the Union should be prepared for this. With the way business supply chains work now, a Teamster Strike not only threatens UPS but also our customers, and even our customer/competitor(?) Amazon. These businesses are going to be highly resistant to a successful UPS Strike, especially Amazon.

Furthermore, the economic and inflationary issues the Biden administration is facing might cause the Administration to also be highly resistant to any kind of work stoppage at UPS. After all, this is the same administration that asked us to ramp up production a year ago. Biden will most likely publicly support the rank-and-file while doing everything he can to destroy O’Brien and break the Strike in private.

In summary, seems like a Teamster UPS Strike will have a devastating effect on our economy and our already challenged supply chain. With this in mind we should understand that potential public image problems, and Corporate-Political Pressure, are highly probable and need to be considered by both leadership and rank-and-file.

Consider what you’re gonna say when somebody puts a camera in your face and asks a loaded question like: “Why are you hurting the economy when yur already making over $40 an hour?”.

Will Sean O’Brien be able to withstand the President of the United States? Because Biden will have a massive interest in breaking a UPS Strike given the economic challenges he is already contending with.

Thebrownblob

The idea that the President will step in is overblown.

UPS ships 80 percent of the nation's packages, approximately 12 million each day.

"I still think the parties ought to go back to the table," Clinton said. "I hope they'll go back to the table but at this time I don't think any further action by me is appropriate."

They will definitely put pressure on both sides to come to an agreement if A strike happens.

Thebrownblob

Better talk or we walk.
Sounds like management plants infiltrating trying to create sympathy for the company already. It’s really quite simple they come to the table ready to get a fair contract based on the amazing performance the Teamsters have provided and we just continue to work no problem.

If they come trying to jam us up, then will do what we have to do, public sentiment be damned because they don’t work here. And most never would. Although my personal opinion is we will still be favored by the public over a giant corporation making billions every quarter

Dangler

Banned
I think a better way to respond would be to correlate our potential Strike with the struggle of all Workers to earn a living and equitable wage.

A Teamster Strike at UPS would be too far reaching to not garner a lot of political attention.
The Biden and Clinton economies are vastly different. Biden, and the Democrats, have everything to lose here since it’s their economy we’ll be hurting.

A big concern of mine is that O’Brien will align us with the Progressive Worker BS represented by the likes of AOC and whatnot.

Rest assured though, this stuff is gonna get political and we should be prepared to advance our interests in the face of political pressure and manipulation.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I think a better way to respond would be to correlate our potential Strike with the struggle of all Workers to earn a living and equitable wage.

A Teamster Strike at UPS would be too far reaching to not garner a lot of political attention.
The Biden and Clinton economies are vastly different. Biden, and the Democrats, have everything to lose here since it’s their economy we’ll be hurting.

A big concern of mine is that O’Brien will align us with the Progressive Worker BS represented by the likes of AOC and whatnot.

Rest assured though, this stuff is gonna get political and we should be prepared to advance our interests in the face of political pressure and manipulation.
If that idiot AOC shows up to support us, it’s a disgrace

Thebrownblob

The new teamster leadership is already heavily involved with correlating worker pay and conditions with public sentiment.
Union interest has never been this high in the last 25 years.

Whither

Scofflaw
My reply would be why is UPS hurting the economy? They rake in record profits and do not want to share with the people who do the work. We are prepared to go back to work with a fair contract.
Yep. Turn the question around: why don't you ask why Carol Tome is hurting the economy with her $20 mil salary? Why don't you ask the same question about Jeff Bezos, etc? Why are these fools entitled to rake in the big bucks while the rest of us are 'selfish' to ask for more than a few crumbs?

Dangler

Banned
The new teamster leadership is already heavily involved with correlating worker pay and conditions with public sentiment.
Union interest has never been this high in the last 25 years.
I agree! We should be considering statements for ourselves to use at the picket line that also correlate our interests with those of all Workers.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Sounds like management plants infiltrating
Ya got us!
Deep inside Cheyenne Mountain there’s a 2023 Strike War Room where strategy is developed.
We all agreed last night at 0400 that “Brown Cafe is the soft underbelly of the Teamsters”, so we’re strategically planting personnel here and there to distract from the main topic:
Heat, water, Thoughts for the Day, the term “obtuse”, deletions and censorship of non-PC comments, etc.

We gotcha’ on the ropes!

Thebrownblob

Ya got us!
Deep inside Cheyenne Mountain there’s a 2023 Strike War Room where strategy is developed.
We all agreed last night at 0400 that “Brown Cafe is the soft underbelly of the Teamsters”, so we’re strategically planting personnel here and there to distract from the main topic:
Heat, water, Thoughts for the Day, the term “obtuse”, deletions and censorship of non-PC comments, etc.

We gotcha’ on the ropes!
Yep creating fear and doubt will be applied throughout social media and a PCM‘s moving forward. That is a guarantee

You being in management with me your opinions are not important to me On this issue

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Lol not yet I make my mistake this contract is very much the barometer for the labor movement forward. The stakes are quite high.
I’m not sure of the solidarity of Labor as it once was. Dementia Joe may show up at some rally if there’s enough minorities present to talk about himself, but I think the “movement” is over as it once was.
More like every man for himself these days.
That’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Good luck.
Oh, hold out for AC in the PC’s and forced water breaks and urine measurement to verify you’re drinking enough… you know, the important stuff.

Thebrownblob

I’m not sure of the solidarity of Labor as it once was. Dementia Joe may show up at some rally if there’s enough minorities present to talk about himself, but I think the “movement” is over as it once was.
More like every man for himself these days.
That’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Good luck.
Oh, hold out for AC in the PC’s and forced water breaks and urine measurement to verify you’re drinking enough… you know, the important stuff.
It’s gonna be a challenge for sure.