student debt

Serf

20 States have free community college. People need to take responsibility for the debts they chose to take on.
I agree. However, I did read snippets where some CC's credit hours were not being honored as transfer worthy to bigger Universities. I.e. Save parents some money by knocking out gen Ed requirements at a community college. Then transfer to Big U & cutting costs of 2 yrs. and finishing B.A.

Serf

I would also like to add 23k ish is pretty cheap for tuition/room/board. Must be state school. I've heard private Universities charge 50k +.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I would also like to add 23k ish is pretty cheap for tuition/room/board. Must be state school. I've heard private Universities charge 50k +.
The room and board part really pisses me off when I hear people talk about free college and forgiving student loans.

Taxpayers responsible for somebody's living expenses under the guise of education. Totally ridiculous.

rickyb

The room and board part really pisses me off when I hear people talk about free college and forgiving student loans.

Taxpayers responsible for somebody's living expenses under the guise of education. Totally ridiculous.
debt forgiveness...it happened at end of the matrix and throughout history. jesus approves and its good economics!

Serf

Keep preaching. You're on a roll. I like it. What should we tie this into? How Universities half billion dollar endowments are non taxable? Or how the US had 4 trillion for the Iraq war but not Student debt forgiveness?

rickyb

Keep preaching. You're on a roll. I like it. What should we tie this into? How Universities half billion dollar endowments are non taxable? Or how the US had 4 trillion for the Iraq war but not Student debt forgiveness?
preach brotjher!

always money for war, never for poor