Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

bacha29

Add economies of scale to the business concepts you don’t understand.
Scale is something I'm all to familiar with , especially when it comes to working out of the smallest terminal in the region with the largest geographical territory in the region and the most sparsely populated in the region . We're talking 1000+ square mile counties with total populations smaller than what would be found in 2 city blocks where you're at.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The "current business model" is not decidedly different that the old business model . And one thing never has and never will change and that's the party with whom all power lies.
So you were a failure in business, and all you have left is a postage stamp sized piece of high moral ground.

And a handful of sour grapes.

oldrps

LOL So now you're blaming your wife. She's not the one who got you into this argument . You did this on your own so quit hiding behind her. As for being "bitter and upset". From what university did you earn your psychiatry degree and in what states are you licensed to practice in.
LOL So now you're blaming your wife. She's not the one who got you into this argument . You did this on your own so quit hiding behind her.

Why is it so hard for you to believe my wife was having problems with me gone over 12 hours some days and sometimes on Saturday? According to you, you were never married so I can see why you can't understand that. I find it amusing that you are trying to twist why I left into something that it isn't....I am sorry, you like to say spinning. You would not like my responses if I was in a real argument with you.

As for being "bitter and upset". From what university did you earn your psychiatry degree and in what states are you licensed to practice in.

Have you ever read your posts from the past several years? Doesn't take a psychiatry degree to figure out you are bitter and upset about your time with RPS/FedEx. I practice in the state of sanity, needless to say, you are not in that state.

dmac1

Add economies of scale to the business concepts you don’t understand.
Economies of scale are the major reason your business is at risk. FEDEX can do anything you do for them cheaper than you can, and if ownership/control changes or decides that employees could save them 2 cents per package with cheaper company trucks, cheaper fuel, cheaper insurance, cheaper HR, cheaper management/supervision/training you will be out of your job with no recourse. FEDEX has MASSIVE economy of scale over you.

It will be fine

Economies of scale are the major reason your business is at risk. FEDEX can do anything you do for them cheaper than you can, and if ownership/control changes or decides that employees could save them 2 cents per package with cheaper company trucks, cheaper fuel, cheaper insurance, cheaper HR, cheaper management/supervision/training you will be out of your job with no recourse. FEDEX has MASSIVE economy of scale over you.
That’s been true for decades. I’m not too concerned about it.

bacha29

LOL So now you're blaming your wife. She's not the one who got you into this argument . You did this on your own so quit hiding behind her.

Why is it so hard for you to believe my wife was having problems with me gone over 12 hours some days and sometimes on Saturday? According to you, you were never married so I can see why you can't understand that. I find it amusing that you are trying to twist why I left into something that it isn't....I am sorry, you like to say spinning. You would not like my responses if I was in a real argument with you.

As for being "bitter and upset". From what university did you earn your psychiatry degree and in what states are you licensed to practice in.

Have you ever read your posts from the past several years? Doesn't take a psychiatry degree to figure out you are bitter and upset about your time with RPS/FedEx. I practice in the state of sanity, needless to say, you are not in that state.
If in your purely nonprofessional layman's opinion that I am bitter and upset then in my equally unqualified opinion you're in a state of denial along with the embarrassment of having failed miserably at your employment with RPS/FXG while seeking to place blame on your wife rather than to be a stand up guy and take personal responsibility for your failure.

falcon back

If in your purely nonprofessional layman's opinion that I am bitter and upset then in my equally unqualified opinion you're in a state of denial along with the embarrassment of having failed miserably at your employment with RPS/FXG while seeking to place blame on your wife rather than to be a stand up guy and take personal responsibility for your failure.
Are we believe that you are not a fan of Fdx? I sense some bitterness.

bacha29

Are we believe that you are not a fan of Fdx? I sense some bitterness.
Oh I love FDX. Absolutely no doubt about that. The only questions is....just how much credibility can be found in that statement? The answer is nonexistent.... Same as everything you try to tell us on here.

falcon back

Oh I love FDX. Absolutely no doubt about that. The only questions is....just how much credibility can be found in that statement? The answer is nonexistent.... Same as everything you try to tell us on here.
Can you please explain the reason for your displeasure. I don't believe I am aware of the reason you are so bitter. Please enlighten us. Go into deep details and don't hold back.

bacha29

Exactly. The more money you've placed at risk the more control Fat Freddy has over you. The more beholding you are to him and the more willing you are to put up with whatever Fat Freddy decides to do to you no matter how unjust or contrary to the already sparse language found in that contract that is totally nonbinding upon Fat Freddy Contractor scale of operation never has and never will impact the decision making process of that board. The guy with 500 trucks has no greater power nor more influential on future decisions that the guy with 5 trucks. Fat Freddy isn't going to worry about what happens to Mr.. Big Scale IWBF if he has another way to get the job done cheaper and puts him in a more competitive position which includes cutting rates paid to Mr. Big Scale if he chose to do so and there ain't nothing Mr. Big Scale can do but eat it and smile.

bacha29

Can you please explain the reason for your displeasure. I don't believe I am aware of the reason you are so bitter. Please enlighten us. Go into deep details and don't hold back.
If you say that I'm bitter OK but first tell me the name of the university from which you earned your degree in psychology and human behavior and the name or names of the states in which you are licensed to practice.

falcon back

If you say that I'm bitter OK but first tell me the name of the university from which you earned your degree in psychology and human behavior and the name or names of the states in which you are licensed to practice.
I am just a curious person that is interested in what you have to say. You seem to be very versed in the subject and wish to learn from your experience.

oldrps

Exactly. The more money you've placed at risk the more control Fat Freddy has over you. The more beholding you are to him and the more willing you are to put up with whatever Fat Freddy decides to do to you no matter how unjust or contrary to the already sparse language found in that contract that is totally nonbinding upon Fat Freddy Contractor scale of operation never has and never will impact the decision making process of that board. The guy with 500 trucks has no greater power nor more influential on future decisions that the guy with 5 trucks. Fat Freddy isn't going to worry about what happens to Mr.. Big Scale IWBF if he has another way to get the job done cheaper and puts him in a more competitive position which includes cutting rates paid to Mr. Big Scale if he chose to do so and there ain't nothing Mr. Big Scale can do but eat it and smile.
You are so knowledgeable, we bow down to your intellect. How much money did you have at risk? One little truck.

oldrps

Hey, you can't use that same line on someone else, you are hurting my feelings.

AB831

Falcon Fart is high school educated and proud of it. He's one of those "common sense" guys who views his own ignorance as a super power. Dunning-Kruger personified.

bacha29

Where did you earn your MBA again?
You personally could have an MBA or a PHD for that matter and it still won't change the fact that Fat Freddy has got you by the balls. You can do whatever you want but there was no way in hell I was going to continue to let somebody wield that kind of power over me while at the same time demanding that I put even more money at risk secured with absolutely nothing more than the sheer hope that Fat Freddy will continue to have a need for the one and only service product I had to offer. A service for which he alone would be the only customer and a service that is readily available from a multitude sources including his own.