MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Working on a Sunday is a safety issue? Please elaborate.
Lots of children building snowmen and sledding in the culdasac streets and yards on there day off ..it’s for the children mr upstate. Are you familiar with the Watkins Glenn State Park area? Beautiful area..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lots of children building snowmen and sledding in the culdasac streets and yards on there day off ..it’s for the children mr upstate. Are you familiar with the Watkins Glenn State Park area? Beautiful area..

Yuppers-----beautiful area.

I'd be willing to bet that they will be out there sledding and building snowmen on the other days as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Have fun, enjoy! Me? I'll be at home.

Back in the day, the motto was: "Mail Early". That was good advice.

Do you remember when they would take all of the “Christmas looking packages” out of the lookup room on Christmas Eve and run them down the belt to see if anyone could give directions to get them delivered?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Do you remember when they would take all of the “Christmas looking packages” out of the lookup room on Christmas Eve and run them down the belt to see if anyone could give directions to get them delivered?
No I don't. But I do remember everyone being able to finish early Xmas eve and get home. In by 4:30 was late. Now, forget about it! We are bombed with air and get in after 8. Insane.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No I don't. But I do remember everyone being able to finish early Xmas eve and get home. In by 4:30 was late. Now, forget about it! We are bombed with air and get in after 8. Insane.

I can recall being done early enough to treat my helper to a sit down lunch before punching out, also before 5.

35years

Gravy route
The only hourly Union members that will be working, are the ones that want to.

Management, on the other hand.... have fun. :biggrin:
I have a couple questions for you, I am in the Central...

They did not post the start times for the upcoming week.
They have not asked for volunteers, nor told anyone they will be working on Black Friday.

1 Is it too late for them to force on Black Friday?
2 Contractually, can they force us to work Sunday, Christmas eve?

ManInBrown

We had an Anamoly a couple years ago. Either 2014 or 2015. We were all done at 5 on Xmas eve. It was amazing.

W

What The Hawk?

Thought you quit.
Manager pulled me into the office and asked me why, he convinced me to give it another try. Wish I didn't give it another try. Lol this committee is B.S. for preload. All the other members are drivers.

W

What The Hawk?

Did you think the safety committee actually did something???
Yes. My neighbor/driver talked me into it..i found out she did this to make me do all the paperwork for the loaders who have not been mentored but have been there for 5 months. I'm the fall guy basically..i asked for docks back..nope..asked for rollers that roll...nope. friend* the safety committee.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes. My neighbor/driver talked me into it..i found out she did this to make me do all the paperwork for the loaders who have not been mentored but have been there for 5 months. I'm the fall guy basically..i asked for docks back..nope..asked for rollers that roll...nope. friend* the safety committee.
Sucker born every day