Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So which is it?

Are you requesting or demanding?
While the words have different meanings, in this case it means the same thing.

ask for 8 or demand 8 really makes no difference. Either way you're letting the company know you want your guaranteed hours for the day and they must provide it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When they post the sign up sheet they make sure to designate the day as hours only.

The few times a driver has requested/demanded their 8 they were either loaded up or they washed pkg card when they got off road.

I will admit that I would extend my day by treating myself to a sit down lunch on the clock.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not in my center.

They would basically tell you that you have the choice to work for hours or you can go home.
They don’t get to choose who works or not, seniority rules. It’s ask from the top, force from the bottom. When they ask they don’t say “we are only going to ask if you’ll agree to 05”. When they ask, it’s contractual they are asking for people to work 8 hours.

Case in point, during “Snowmeggedon” in Atlanta, they forced guys to come in, during the ice issues, I came in and they wanted to get everyone off the clock by dark, which was 6hrs into the day. I demanded my 8 and was sweeping floors and washing windshields for my guarantee.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When they post the sign up sheet they make sure to designate the day as hours only.

The few times a driver has requested/demanded their 8 they were either loaded up or they washed pkg card when they got off road.

I will admit that I would extend my day by treating myself to a sit down lunch on the clock.
My point still stands, you are guaranteed your 8 hours.