JL 0513

Kinda wrong , you work all week miss Saturday and your hours reset for Sunday work

Do you really think they'd give us December 23rd off only to have us come in on a Sunday Christmas Eve when we've never delivered Sunday before? I don't think anyone would go for that.

WorknLateHuh

last year on Christmas Eve I walked up to my ORS and said, "by the way, this is officially my 1 year notice that there's now way i'll be coming in Sunday next year Christmas eve."

They kind of laughed because I said it in a joking manner. But then I turned, looked at them, my face went from joking to dead serious, and said "I'm serious, there's no way i'm giving up my Sunday. You can forget it."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong, you show up on a scheduled work day, you are guaranteed 8hrs as a FT seniority driver.

....unless you are specifically told that it will be a Code 05 day, such as New Years Eve.....yes, you can demand your guarantee, but you will most likely either be sent home or be made to wash pkg cars to get your 8...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
....unless you are specifically told that it will be a Code 05 day, such as New Years Eve.....yes, you can demand your guarantee, but you will most likely either be sent home or be made to wash pkg cars to get your 8...
They can't force you to 05. They can give you the choice of taking a pay actual or demanding your eight. But they can't just say you'll 05 or not work. That's a slam dunk in the grievance world.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No, it’s not.

The rules do not apply on air only days.
Funny we were talking about delivering on Christmas Eve on Sunday and you change the parameters to make it look like you were right.

Either way here we can request our 8 when we sign up for days like New Year's Eve and previously Friday after thanksgiving