DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You guys seem to get screwed a lot. Why don't you guys ask for more in your supplemental contracts? I'm just curious because in my local we get much more then you guys it seems and I know we don't even have it that great.
This is kind of a non issue 99.9 percent of the time.

Sixth punch is time and a half, seventh is double. Working a holiday is double time.

But since Sunday is the first day of our pay week and Christmas eve isn't a holiday, in this case it's straight pay.

DRporch

Clearly...you're not concerned about safety which is the point I'm making. You want the day off. Quit your bitchin'.

I'm a preloader and an air driver..so..really doesn't matter to me. I'll work every damn day. That's just me.
talks about how easy being a driver is. yet is an air driver.... if its so easy why arent you doing it? been disqualified to many times?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess I can see yaall working saturday, before christmas eve, but never on the day, never.
and why couldnt you all just have a 3 day weekend. Good Lord dont ya all do enough to deserve that?

542thruNthru

This is kind of a non issue 99.9 percent of the time.

Sixth punch is time and a half, seventh is double. Working a holiday is double time.

But since Sunday is the first day of our pay week and Christmas eve isn't a holiday, in this case it's straight pay.

We have the same language. I was just wondering because every time you mention how it is where you are it sounds like you guys get shafted.

DRporch

is it a required workday if forced to show up? called my BA in the central supplement about black Friday and Christmas eve. was told if i am told to come in i have to show up. from what i read it states "regular seniority employee shall not be required to work on the following eight (8)" and does count blackfriday as one

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

is it a required workday if forced to show up? called my BA in the central supplement about black Friday and Christmas eve. was told if i am told to come in i have to show up. from what i read it states "regular seniority employee shall not be required to work on the following eight (8)" and does count blackfriday as one

The Company and Union came to a post-contract agreement designating BF as a regular work day.

Maplewood

I remember last year on Christmas Eve only people with hours available were working Saturday. We were only supposed to be delivering in town only, but of course when I show up I see I have 7 stops all out of town in an area I don't even know! I was already mad about working, then I saw the packages in my truck and they were ALL amazon boxes!
we can only drive 60 hours in any 7 consecutive days so working Sunday would only be possible if we didn't work Saturday and why would UPS want to pay everyone double time when no deliveries are guaranteed on Sunday?

JL 0513

The Company and Union came to a post-contract agreement designating BF as a regular work day.

I had heard some seniority guys talking last year about how we lost Black Friday and were pi$$ed because in years past, we gave up some other holiday during negotiations in order to have the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend, with Friday being a paid holiday. Which holiday was it, if this is true?

And will we fight to get it back if BF is a straight work day with this new contract?